Type Here to Get Search Results !

HOMOSEXUALITY AND POP MUSIC

HOMOSEXUALITY AND POP MUSIC 

HOMOSEXUALITY AND POP MUSIC

A few days ago between conversations with some friends, someone came up with the question, why do most homosexuals always listen to pop music? This left me thinking and certain thoughts that had been in my head months before just on the same topic came back to me, so I decided to sit down and write and analyze a little about this.


Traditionally the word gay means "happy", pop music is related to happy elements that make people feel good. Does one have to do with the other? I don't think so, I just think that each person takes things in their own way, interprets their meaning and what makes them feel, this happens with pop music, you don't have to be homosexual to enjoy it, in fact I know many heterosexual men who They are crazy fans of Kylie Minogue and as well as the occasional gay friend who does not consider themselves lovers of this type of music, so this genre is, as the name says, for everyone to enjoy.


The connection of pop music with the LGBT community is because this genre has allowed us to express what we are sometimes afraid to show, in this way we let ourselves be carried away by the sexual themes of Madonna and Britney, the drama of Christina Aguilera, the heart Adele's broken heart, Kylie's desire to dance and Lady Gaga's cries of freedom. The pop genre, like any other, expresses in its lyrics feelings of love, hatred, sadness and happiness, stories about how to overcome an old love or go out partying with your friends, but the industry took elements and themes from our community to create hymns. with messages about acceptance, self-esteem, celebrating sexuality, freedom and love, turning artists into gay icons.


A gay icon receives several definitions from the point of view that they want to see it, it can be for the messages in their music, their style, glamor, for being icons of popular culture or, in their majority, for publicly supporting and becoming spokespersons for the LBGT community. But again we fall into the subject of tastes, and that is that each one takes a character and takes it as their gay icon, for example, mine are Britney and Kylie Minogue, I could say because they are women fighters who have overcome obstacles in their lives and have managed to rise as a warrior, but it really is because I love their music, their melodies and lyrics. In my case I could also say that the A-Teens are also my gay icons because their music made me happy in the time of my adolescence when I was discovering my sexuality and I was afraid of the decisions I made in my life. With this I can draw a small conclusion, each one chooses their icon according to their experiences and the way the artist marks each of their moments.


It must also be seen from another point of view, supporting the LGBT community has become a business for the recording industry in which we become the most important market niche for them, being the main consumers of the artists' products. pop. This becomes a win win for all sides: artists and labels have economic profits to grow in the market and to be able to produce new material, on the other hand the community will find more songs, hymns and reasons to adore their icon . These movements have allowed gay icons to survive in time and for new generations to adopt them as inspiration, for example, it is already normal to see an 18 year old gay as a true fan of artists with whom he did not really grow up like Cher, Madonna or even Barbra Streinsand and Donna Summer.


I have never liked to pigeonhole, because it is annoying that some people point out or judge others for listening to pop. Music in general is made to express our emotions, and especially the pop genre achieves it through happy, simple, joyful melodies and in some cases deep, that is why sexual preferences do not matter, as the great Madonna music makes the people come together.



Heterosexual or homosexual, pop music is to be enjoyed, danced, shouted or cried, now I would like to know why do you love pop music?

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.