Type Here to Get Search Results !

Why I don't like Trump

 Why I don't like Trump

Why I don't like Trump

To my friend, the writer Orlando Luis Pardo Lazo


I don't like Trump, first of all, because I don't like his character as an arrogant and overbearing person (bully) that he lies or exaggerates. Trumpologists have told him more than 20,000 lies, distortions of reality or post-truths.


I don't like Trump because in a civilized debate the adversary is not constantly shouted or interrupted, but ideas are contributed. The first debate with Biden was an embarrassing circus. Those are not gestures or messages typical of a president of the United States, which is, inevitably, a model of behavior.


I do not like Trump because he does not treat NATO allies with kicks, starting with Angela Merkel, the leader of Germany and perhaps Europe, followed by Dusko Markovic, prime minister of Montenegro, whom he pushed treacherously and ostensibly and then went unable to apologize; or to Mette Frederiksen, the prime minister of Denmark, who she canceled a scheduled trip to Copenhagen because the lady refused to consider selling Greenland.



I don't like Trump because everything despotic he is with his allies is the opposite with Putin's Russia or Kim Jong-un's North Korea.


I don't like Trump because as despotic as he is with his allies, he turns out the opposite when it comes to Vladimir Putin's Russia or Kim Jong-un's North Korea. I firmly believe, as the FBI suspects, that the Russians can blackmail him, not only with the mediation authorized by Trump in the 2016 and 2020 elections (perhaps negotiated by Paul Manafort), but because of the profane golden shower that he allegedly asked two prostitutes on the bed in which Barack Obama had slept on an official visit to Moscow.


I do not like Trump because he does not respect Science and scientists, as has been shown in the management of the Covid 19 crisis, not using the mask, making fun of Biden for using it, and publicly recommending absurd remedies, which I hope he does not take into account , because I wish him the best, now that he and his wife have been diagnosed with the coronavirus. Likewise, this anti-scientific attitude is manifested in the treatment given to climate change and in believing that the result of all actions is measured in dollars and cents. That is not true.


I don't like Trump because I am a Hispanic immigrant and he rejects us. If Trump doesn't even empathize with the Dreamers, some 800,000 sociological Americans who were brought to America by their parents, what can the rest of us expect? If Trump had been in the White House in the 1960s, Cuban refugees would not have been welcomed in the United States.


I do not like Trump because he does not extend a residence permit to Venezuelans or Nicaraguans, knowing that the dictatorships of Maduro and Ortega are inclement towards Venezuelans and Nicaraguans.


I do not like Trump because he did not annul Obama's presidential decrees regarding the Cuban family reunion; or to the special program that admitted slaves in white coats, medical personnel hired to governments insensitive to the pain of others; or at the beginning of dry feet-wet feet that gave access to the persecuted who presented themselves to the North American authorities.


I don't like Trump because an American president must be absolutely neat in his obligations to the treasury and the NYT investigation showed that Trump was not. He also proved what the New York businessmen said sotto voce: he had failed as a businessman.


I don't like Trump because nationalism seems to me to be the origin of wars


Finally, I don't like Trump, because nationalism seems to me to be the origin of wars. Because I believe that the function of a head of state is to unite society and it seems to me that we are facing a racist and white supremacist of the worst kind.


Nota bene. Many years ago, I joined the ranks of the "independents" in the United States. Sometimes I have voted for the Democrats and sometimes for the Republicans. I would have loved if the Republican candidate had been Jeb Bush, but he did not survive the primaries.


As a good liberal (in the European sense of the term), I tend to support a combination between the conservative in fiscal matters (a limited state, the least amount of taxes and public debt), and the American liberal in social matters (pro-choice , pro-immigration, and a sufficiently secular state to fit agnostics comfortably).


On the other hand, I have lived 40 years in Europe and, previously, 18 years in Cuba, so I know first-hand the difference between a Welfare State, with its defects and virtues, and a disgusting communist dictatorship.


Nobody is going to convince me that asking for health and education to be paid for through general budgets, as is the case in Scandinavia, or to some extent in Germany or Switzerland, is a symptom of totalitarianism. Perhaps it is a mistake, but that has nothing to do with the dictatorship of the proletariat advocated by Marx to arm his maddened and impoverishing scheme.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.