Type Here to Get Search Results !

Trump's ex-wife Marla Maples: “I have lived through two difficult years after Donald's political choices "

Trump's ex-wife Marla Maples: “I have lived through two difficult years after Donald's political choices "

Trump's ex-wife Marla Maples: “I have lived through two difficult years after Donald's political choices "

The second wife of the president of the United States tonight guest by Milly Carlucci on "Dancing with the stars" on Rai1: "Dance teaches you to always get up"


Marla Maples, second wife of Donald Trump (1993-1999) and only American (the first, Ivana, is Czech; the current one, Melania, is Slovenian), has lost the accent of her native Cohutta, Georgia ("Population: 661 inhabitants! ”), but even if she arrived in New York at only twenty years old (today she is 53) she still retains the sweet cadence, the typical expressions and the formal and somewhat antiquated courtesy of those coming from the Southern States. She smiles resigned to the problems of chain delays and missed connections of the planes that brought her to Italy, to Rome, to participate in Dancing with the stars (Rai1, tonight at 8.35 pm): "I haven't slept for almost 48 hours, I they have lost their luggage: I have nothing to wear! ».


You took part in "Dancing with the Stars" on American TV: how did you get to know Milly Carlucci? «We have been friends since 2011, presented by mutual friends. Then we saw each other again in the United States, and with Milly - who is a great person, we understand each other immediately - we promised ourselves to find ourselves in Italy for her program, coming here is always wonderful, after high school my daughter Tiffany, who is now 23 years old, he attended a painting course here in Florence thanks to some dear friends, Italian artists. We already agreed with Milly last year, when I was participating in the program in America, it has happened now and I couldn't be happier. "


In America she danced well, but she was eliminated, and she was disappointed. «I had worked a lot, I was much improved, I was hoping for it, but it's a race, a game, we need to go on. The dance of beauty teaches you an essential thing: when you fall you have to get up, and leave again. I have only one gripe, my daughter could not be here, at 'Dancing with the stars' she was always in the audience, to encourage me: she is very sweet ".


Did you have commitments with the university? "No, she graduated from the University of Pennsylvania and took a year off before enrolling in law: I am very proud because she follows charitable projects, she stayed in America to go to a ceremony in honor of an association that we admire very much, Wounded Warrior: Help veterans wounded in war. Her debut at the White House. Just yesterday".


But last summer Tiffany went to the republican convention, she gave a speech about her father. "There were her brothers, Donald is her father, that was right: he did very well. I was very proud of her: they offered her the help of a professional to write the speech but she did it all by herself. She spoke sincerely, as a daughter, of her father of her. I know how reserved she is and I understood her emotion in her: I looked at her and prayed that she would find her strength. And she was very good, she spoke in front of all those people, millions of people in front of the TV. Sincerely. And we went to the inauguration, in January, to take the oath: it was right to go ".


Tiffany's sister, Ivanka (daughter of Trump and his first wife, like brothers Don junior and Eric), works at the White House, the two brothers run the company of her father. Will Tiffany choose politics or business? Or the world of entertainment? "She is not involved in politics, she loves art and music and we will see after the law school what she will choose, let her free to find her own path ... (here Maples' voice suddenly becomes severe, ed). But when I feel bad things and negativity poured out on her, that nothing has anything to do with it, only and solely to hit her father, then I say no, I'm sorry, no. Here is a line not to cross ".


How do you live as an ex-wife of a president? Before her ex, Reagan was the only one divorced out of 44 presidents: her is an almost unprecedented situation in American history. “I don't want to lie to you: these last two years have been difficult. It took a lot of patience. Many moments of reflection. Of prayer. I made my choices: marry Donald who was already a famous man then, and I accepted a certain kind of media and public attention. I was a model and an actress, by choice. Tiffany, however, is not involved. "


Did your ex-husband surprise you? “No, Donald was already considering, since we were together in the nineties, even before our daughter was born, the possibility of one day running for president. The theme we talked about, then, was precisely this: if we had children, what impact would it have on them in the course of a political campaign? And when Tiffany was born - in Palm Beach, not in New York and not even, sadly, in my Georgia - Donald and I faced this very issue again: running for presidency with a little girl at home? When we separated, I went to live in Los Angeles just to get Tiffany out of New York and out of the public eye. I wanted her to go to an excellent school, to grow up calmly and so it was. In Los Angeles it was simply Tiffany, a student like any other, not a Trump ».


What do you think of her about her ex-husband's first few weeks in the White House? "I stay away from political issues because there is so much negativity around. However, Donald may like it or not, but the facts show that he was right to run. It has reached the end ".


Negativity is a bad thing but objectively the first to be aggressive is him, now as during the campaign of the last two years. "About politics because so many people are already talking and there is a lot of division around: I prefer to focus on the things that unite us, and which are many, such as solidarity".


And the lost suitcases in Fiumicino? Negativity too or just a nuisance? "No, an opportunity: in case of emergency there is a credit card! Not bad as an excuse to do some shopping in Italy, right? ".

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.