Type Here to Get Search Results !

Angelina Jolie's moving words on the death of her mother Marcheline Bertrand

Angelina Jolie's moving words on the death of her mother Marcheline Bertrand

Angelina Jolie's moving words on the death of her mother Marcheline Bertrand


"This year, I remember the spirit of my mother and the power of so many women I have met around the world," wrote the actress in an article for the New York Times.


Numerous celebrities in the United States paid tribute to her mothers on social networks on the occasion of "Mother's Day" that is celebrated on May 10 in that country. Angelina Jolie went one step further by writing an article for the New York Times honoring her late mother, Marcheline Bertrand, who passed away at age 56 in 2007 after battling breast and ovarian cancer.


"Mother's Day is difficult for anyone who has lost their mother, but this year must be more painful particularly due to the coronavirus. So many people have lost a father suddenly, without being by his side, able to take care of him and give him back. their love the way they have always envisioned it, "wrote Jolie, 44." For anyone suffering this Mother's Day, I hope you find comfort and strength in the memories. "

Angelina Jolie's moving words on the death of her mother Marcheline Bertrand


"I lost my mother in my thirties," the Hollywood star continued in her editorial. “When I look back at that moment, I can see how much her death changed me. It wasn't sudden, but it changed a lot inside. Losing a mother's love and a warm, gentle hug is like having someone rip off a protective blanket. "


The mother of six recalled how Bertrand's split from Jolie's father, actor Jon Voight, changed Bertrand's career in acting and forced her to focus on motherhood. “When my father had an affair, he changed his life. He set fire to her dream of family life. But she still loved being a mother, ”she said. "His dreams of her to be her actress were dashed when she found herself, at the age of 26, raising two children with a famous ex who would cast a long shadow over her life," added the Oscar winner. . “After her death, I found a video of her acting in a short film. She was good. Everything was possible for her ”.

Angelina Jolie's moving words on the death of her mother Marcheline Bertrand


Several years after her mother died, Jolie got a small tattoo on her right hand of the letter "W", a reference to the Rolling Stones song "Winter" that Bertrand sang to her when she was a baby.


The "Maleficent" star said that while the tattoo faded over the years, she helped her through a period of "her own loss."


"As the W faded from my hand, so did that sense of home and protection," she wrote. “Life has taken many turns. I have had my own loss and have seen my life take a different direction. And it hurt me more than I imagined ”.


Jolie also said that she sympathizes with "all mothers and fathers with children at home" amid the current coronavirus crisis. “It is a wonderful thing to discover that your children don't want you perfect. They just want you to be honest. And do your best, ”she explained. “In fact, the more room they have to excel where you are weak, the stronger they will become. They love you. They want to help you ”.


The actress, who is a special envoy for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, reflected on her time meeting other mothers from around the world. “On this Mother's Day, I think of the refugee mothers I have met, who live in poverty and displacement. They will all begin their journey of motherhood with the promise of doing everything possible to protect their child. Give your life if necessary ”. wrote "Through the refugees, I have come to believe that a mother is the strongest person on earth. The smoothness of her skin is deceptive. It is a force driven by love and loyalty. There is no one who solves more problems." .

Angelina Jolie's moving words on the death of her mother Marcheline Bertrand


Jolie added: “When he just likes to give, it spills out of his soul. When a mother comes for help and does not provide it, she may cry. But she will never give up. When their son's safety and shelter are denied, they may seek him out in a hostile land where her body is vulnerable to abuse. Her heart will be sick with loss. But she will fight for her child. Because she is a mother. So to mothers everywhere who feel helpless, but still give every last bit of energy, every last bite of food and the only blanket for their children, I honor them. "


Last month, Jolie spoke honestly about motherhood on a special issue of TIME's “Parents”. “She was not a very stable young woman. In fact, I never thought I could be anyone's mother, ”said the actress, who is the mother of 18-year-old Maddox, 16-year-old Pax, 15-year-old Zahara, 13-year-old Shiloh, and twins Knox and Vivienne, 11. “I remember the decision to be a mother. It was not difficult to love. It was not difficult to dedicate myself to someone and something bigger than my life ”.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.