Type Here to Get Search Results !

DWAYNE JOHNSON REVEALS THAT TOM CRUISE HAS BEEN THE ONLY ONE TO TAKE A ROLE FROM HIM

 DWAYNE JOHNSON REVEALS THAT TOM CRUISE HAS BEEN THE ONLY ONE TO TAKE A ROLE FROM HIM

DWAYNE JOHNSON REVEALS THAT TOM CRUISE HAS BEEN THE ONLY ONE TO TAKE A ROLE FROM HIM

"Tom was the biggest movie star in the world, and I wasn't."


Dwayne Johnson (or Caramelo, as he preferred to introduce himself) is loved in this house. The performer, who has been one of the highest paid artists in the industry for five years, is also one of the hardest-working.


After seeing him in the great 'Jumanji: The Next Level' (Jake Kasdan), 'Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw' (David Leitch) and 'Fighting as a Family' (Stephen Merchant) in 2019, as well as in the series 'Ballers' And in some recent WWE appearance, his work as a producer of all of the above (and of series like 'Finding Justice'), makes us wonder to what extent his days have only 24 hours.


But it was not always like this. Young Johnson, from terribly humble origins, has gradually become a star and, despite the advantages of his physique, one experienced a beautiful lesson in humility from a colleague who had already spent years visiting the podium at the which has now settled The Rock.


“In Hollywood, actors are like tools. There are actors who can compete for a role in particular because it allows them to have a certain appearance, skin color, size ... Fortunately for me, there are not many guys who look like me "collects Deadline about some statements of the actor in social networks. “So in all my roles, since the beginning of my career, I've been a lucky son of a bitch to have been created and designed for me, except for Jack Reacher. This was ten years ago and I was in a very different place, I admit it. Tom was the biggest movie star in the world, and I wasn't. "


Indeed, it was Tom Cruise who finally starred in the great 'Jack Reacher' (Christopher McQuarrie, 2012) and its sequel, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' (Edward Zwick, 2016), a saga that, above all, has served us well. to create the union between Cruise and Christopher McQuarrie that would allow us to enjoy 'Mission Impossible: Secret Nation' (2015), 'Mission Impossible: Fallout' (2018) and the future 'Mission: Impossible 7' (2021?) and ' Mission: Impossible 8 '(?).


“I got the call saying, 'hey, you didn't get the part.' Look, I didn't even know if I had a chance, but the people around me at the time made me think so, ”he continues to explain. “I felt like I was going to do it, I felt like, 'why not me?' He was an established character, an IP that was well known and loved all over the world, that I would not have had the creative space to do what I wanted with the character. I look back in gratitude that I didn't understand Jack Reacher. "


Nothing happens, there is The Rock for a while. Although all these future plans must be understood in a more lax way than before (a little more than 30 days ago), Johnson currently has in his bedroom 'Jungle Cruise' (Jaume Collet-Serra, 2021) and 'Red Notice' (Rawson Marshall Thurber, 2020), in addition to having started preparing 'Black Adam' (Jaume Collet-Serra, 2021), 'The King' (Husain El-Minbawi, Robert Zemeckis) and the series 'Young Rock', projects that should reach us before than other announced titles such as 'San Andreas 2' (Brad Peyton), 'Doc Savage' (Shane Black) and the remake 'Big Trouble in Little China'.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.