Type Here to Get Search Results !

Megan Fox left Hollywood because she got tired of being an object

 Megan Fox left Hollywood because she got tired of being an object

Megan Fox left Hollywood because she got tired of being an object


It's no coincidence that you haven't heard anything about Megan Fox lately. Despite having made it big in theaters with the Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sagas, the actress just got fed up with the spotlight.


In an exclusive interview with ET Canada, the also model made a break in her schedule outside of Hollywood to expose the reasons for her retirement.


Although her motherhood was a great blessing and top priority for Fox, there was something behind it to spur her resignation from the wealthiest films. In 2009, she hit rock bottom in the movie Jennifer's Body (Diabolical Temptation):


“That tape moved something in me, but it was not only specifically for her (...) it was every day of my life, all the time, with every project and producer I worked with. I broke down, I felt hypersexualized since adolescence and I thought it was "normal" because of my career, but I didn't feel normal at any time ».



Isolating herself from the public eye was comforting for the actress, she stated that now her emotions are more stable. She has good memories from the past, but also experiences that she would not like to repeat:


“I had an emotional breakdown… I didn't want to do anything. I didn't want to be seen or taken photos (...) appearing in a magazine or on a red carpet caused me anxiety. I was afraid of criticism and harassment, I didn't know if they were going to make fun of me or yell nasty things at me. So I had a very dark time after that.



With the rise of the #MeToo movement in Hollywood, Megan assured that she felt immediately identified, but she got negative responses when she tried on her own feet to report the harassment she was receiving:



“I feel like I was a champion of #MeToo before it existed, but I didn't get the expected support. I said: hey, these things are happening to me (sexual harassment) and they are not right.


Then they all answered me: well, you want it, you deserve it (...) Everyone talked about my appearance ... they felt free to hypersexualize me because I became "a thing" ».



There is good news for those who consider themselves genuine fans of Megan Fox: despite her retirement, she accepted a small role in the film Zeroville, which was recently released in Russia and the United States.



Fox concluded the interview by assuring that she will dedicate herself to her children as a priority, and that she will only return to the big roles when the environment for women in Hollywood is 100% safe.


What is your opinion on Megan's decision? Tell us in the comments!

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad