Type Here to Get Search Results !

Whose "false god" is Taylor Swift? The song is so powerful

 Whose "false god" is Taylor Swift? The song is so powerful

Whose "false god" is Taylor Swift? The song is so powerful


When I first heard that there was a song called "Fale God" on Taylor wift's new album, Lover, Pene "Kanye". Obviously. The man does


When I first heard that there was a song called "False God" on Taylor Swift's new album, Lover, I thought "Kanye." Obviously. The man calls himself Yeezus (after Jesus) and recently began organizing his own special Sunday Service, which those close to him have called spiritual and Christian-based. It's not a huge leap for fans given his long feud with Swift. Naturally, everyone wondered what the lyrics to Taylor Swift's "False God" were going to be about. Now that they're here, it seems like Swift wrote the song about how she directly adores her lover. You know, like a "false God", and it has nothing to do with West. Be the glory. 



The song dropped when Swift released her entire Lover album on Friday, August 23. Until then, Swifties was devouring the music videos for the first two singles "ME!" and "You Need To Calm Down", and singing along with the love song (ish) "The Archer". Naturally, everyone was going crazy wondering if "False God" was going to be a political narrative, a stomping hymn, or some kind of heartbreaking tune. One thing is for sure, it was never arbitrary. Swift is into messages, guys. None of her songs are just for the fun of it!




Turns out the lyrics to "False God" are definitely for someone straight (* cough * Joe Alwyn * cough *) and frankly it's my new favorite love song. Pour yourself a big glass of wine and enjoy!

We were crazy to think / Crazy to think this could work / Remember how I said I would die for you / We were stupid to jump / In the ocean that separates us, remember how I lied to you

And I can't talk to you when you're like this / Staring out the window, like it's not your favorite city / I'm New York City / I'd still do it for you babe / They all warned us about times like this / They say the road gets difficult and you get lost / When you are guided by blind faith / Blind faith

But we could get away with it / Religion is on your lips / Even if it's a false god / We would still worship / We could get away with it / The altar is my hips / Even if it's a false god / We'd still worship this love / We would still adore this love / We would still adore this love

I know heaven is one thing / I go there when you touch me darling / Hell is when I fight with you / But we can make it right / Make confessions and we're asking for forgiveness / I've got the wine for you

And you can't talk to me when I'm like this / Dare you to leave me alone so I can try to scare you / You're the West Village / You still do it for me babe / They all warned us about times like this / They say the road gets tough and you get lost / When you are led by blind faith / Blind faith

But we could get away with it / Religion is on your lips / Even if it's a false god / We would still worship / We could get away with it / The altar is my hips / Even if it's a false god / We'd still worship this love / We would still adore this love / We would still adore this love

We would still worship this love / Even if it is a false god / Even if it is a false god / We still worship this love

I can't imagine Swift would write a song like this for anyone other than her current boyfriend of hers, but of course Swift has yet to comment on the song's theme. Until I do, I'll be here listening on repeat.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.