Type Here to Get Search Results !

Miley Cyrus says she had "an identity crisis" after Hannah Montana

 Miley Cyrus says she had "an identity crisis" after Hannah Montana

Miley Cyrus says she had "an identity crisis" after Hannah Montana


Miley Cyrus played Hannah Montana in the sitcom of the same name from 2006 to 2011. The show, which aired on Disney Channel, marked the pre-teen years of many before finally ending after four seasons. Miley Cyrus was then 19 when she left the Disney world, and she completely changed the angelic image to which the public had been accustomed until then (and recently she sported a decidedly bold and very punk new look). 


Since then Miley Cyrus has mainly dedicated herself to her singing career, for which she has been very successful, but continuing to appear in some TV shows, so much so that she also appeared in an episode of Black Mirror, the series. Netflix. We have often talked about how difficult it was for many actresses and singers to become little stars and grow up in such a working environment; girls shown as a model have ended up victims of a psychological curse that has led them to lives completely different from what they represented and often also unregulated. And Miley Cyrus herself was heavily influenced by her television debut within the Disney world.


Miley Cyrus talked about how playing Hannah Montana for 5 years caused him an "identity crisis".

She talked about it openly during the Spotify Rock This podcast, with Allison Hagendorf. The show launched Miley Cyrus into the world of music and entertainment, already guaranteeing her a great success at an early age. 


The series itself actually deals with an identity problem: the life of a teenager was divided between being secretly a pop star at night and a simple and ordinary teenager by day. "Bangerz was the first record, the first that I hadn't been on a TV show for the previous 10 years," said Miley Cyrus during the podcast. made famous “The core of the show was that when you are this character, when you are this alter ego, then you have value. You have, like, millions of fans, you're the biggest star in the world, and then the concept was that when I looked like myself, when I no longer had a wig, nobody cared about me, I wasn't a star anymore. 


" Emblematically, the actress herself thought that this dynamic would have repercussions outside the series: "This concept has entered my head". She feared that without Hannah Montana, no one would ever be interested in her and so she felt she had to create a clear and drastic detachment from the past in order to grow independently as an artist and no longer depend on the TV personality.


Since she was 13, when she made her Disney Channel debut, Miley Cyrus has learned to play a character that didn't belong to her. After this phase in her life, she continued, in part, to pretend: “I almost created a fictional version of myself. I've never done it [at all], but I was aware of how I was seen by the public and that people wanted me that way. [...] I was aware of what people saw in me and I played with it a bit. So I rode the wave a bit. And then, when I started noticing that people were bothering, I started doing it more and more. 


If you bother, it means that others remember you! " By saying these words, she refers above all to the gesture of constantly sticking her tongue out, which she was constantly pointed out to him. But the 28-year-old actress said that taking pictures in those days still embarrassed her and that to escape the discomfort she would stick her tongue out; then she noticed that this was bothering whoever she was looking at and she continued to shamelessly do it.



Miley Cyrus had already addressed this aspect of her career in a recent interview reported on Rolling Stones USA last December: “I felt that I could never achieve the success of Hannah Montana“. For this "I had to evolve", to overcome what that character represented in her life and in everyone's vision, stop living a double or false identity, and simply be Miley Cyrus.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.