Type Here to Get Search Results !

Selena Gomez opens up about how she's dealt with mental health issues

 Selena Gomez opens up about how she's dealt with mental health issues

Selena Gomez opens up about how she's dealt with mental health issues


The actress and singer has explained in an interview how relieved it was to know that she suffers from bipolar disorder: "This explains many things"

 Demi Lovato admits breaking up with Max Ehrich made them find hers the real me


Selena Gomez has spoken in an interview with the US edition of Elle magazine about her mental health, specifically about when she found out about bipolar disorder: “I took a weight off my shoulders when I discovered it. I took a deep breath and told myself that it's okay, that this explains many things, ”she explained.


Although the singer has not had an easy past few years, she has confessed that knowing that I was helping other people has given her strength: “My lupus, my kidney transplant, chemotherapy, having a mental illness, going through very heartbreaks. public ... All these things should have brought me down ”, the singer of the album Revelation began recounting in the interview.



“Every time she went through something, she would say to me, 'What else? What else am I going to have to deal with? You're going to help people. ' That's really what kept me going. There could have been a moment when I wasn't strong enough and would have done something that hurt me, ”she said.


One of the most complicated stages for the artist was when she was diagnosed with lupus in 2014, when she began to seek mental health treatments and many media assumed that she had gone to rehab for substance abuse: “I don't even know what she really is. they thought he was doing: drugs, alcohol, running, partying. The narrative was so unpleasant "


All these things should have brought me down. "


The artist has confessed that social networks did not help her well-being: “I have spent years of my life trying to look like other people. She would look at a photo and say, 'My God, why am I not like that?' None of that was good for me. "


For this reason, in 2017 the singer decided to eliminate the Instagram application from her mobile phone and, in 2018, give her social networks to her assistant for her own good: “Suddenly I had to learn to be with myself. That was annoying, because before I could spend hours looking at other people's lives. When my friends have something to talk about, they call me ”, admitted the interpreter of Lose You to Love Me.



A few months ago, Gomez spoke on Miley Cyrus' talk show about her bipolar disorder diagnosis: “I went to one of the best psychiatric hospitals, McLean Hospital (Massachusetts, United States), and I realized that after years of spending for many different things, this is bipolar disorder. "


In the interview with Elle, the singer has also admitted having difficulty finding a place to feel at home: “I tried a lot of different neighborhoods because I wanted to know what would make me feel comfortable in a city that doesn't make me feel so much. comfortable. It took me a while to figure out what was best for me. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.