Type Here to Get Search Results !

MARILYN MONROE'S SAD LETTERS BEFORE HER DEATH

 MARILYN MONROE'S SAD LETTERS BEFORE HER DEATH

MARILYN MONROE'S SAD LETTERS BEFORE HER DEATH

In a book that brought together the actress's intimate writings, some of her greatest fears, anxieties and problems were revealed.


"How can I play such a happy, youthful and hopeful girl? [...] Looking for a way to play this role, my whole life has always depressed me." She wrote iconic American actress and internationally recognized symbol synonymous with beauty and sensuality, Marilyn Monroe, on August 27 of an unknown year.


That particular side the star describes in her text was revealed to her countless fans around the world, just four decades after her unexpected passing.

MARILYN MONROE'S SAD LETTERS BEFORE HER DEATH


The revelation of a facet of the artist that few people knew was made public in 2010, through the work entitled Fragmentos. The book rescued poems, intimate notes and letters written by Monroe, highlighting her fears and traumas.


When she died on August 4, 1962, the woman had destined 75% of her material possessions to her friend Lee Strasberg, director of the famous Actors Studio. Among real estate, clothes, jewelry and the like were also some texts that the actress wrote throughout her life, between shooting a movie, or a lonely night in a hotel room. Her manuscripts were collected in the edited book Bernard Comment.


distressing letters


Even though few people knew, Marilyn was an assiduous reader and interested in different topics, for keeping the habit of reading, the star also started to write some reports about her days, in diaries, small texts or letters.


Through writing, the Hollywood icon demonstrated that something inside her was not right. Sad accounts of her begin when Monroe was still very young, just 17 years old. As reported by the G1 news portal in 2010: "My life was balanced," wrote the actress the year she married Jim Dougherty.


In the 1950s, when the performer was already a movie diva, some insecurities were dominating the head of the woman who was seen as a sex symbol by most men at the time: “Only! I'm alone. I always am, whatever happens."

MARILYN MONROE'S SAD LETTERS BEFORE HER DEATH


Despite his undeniable talent, in the same period, Monroe wrote:


"I'm afraid of making new films because maybe I don't have the capacity to make them, people will think I'm not a good actress, they'll laugh or even think I don't know how to act [...] I try to recover by telling myself that I've done things well and had excellent times, but even so I don't have confidence, I'm depressed, crazy," wrote the artist at the height of her career.


Depression


A recurring concern for the actress was her state of mental health. It is noticeable that the diva would like to be well and struggled to do so, however, she often couldn't. However, during the hospitalizations she went through in her recurrent search for improvement, the artist felt even worse.


In desperate letters she wrote to friend Lee Strasberg and his wife Paula, Marilyn basically screams through the words she wrote during her time in the Payne Whitney Psychiatric Clinic in New York.


I'm sure I'll end up crazy if I keep living this nightmare [...] Please Lee, help me, this is the last place I should be. Maybe calling Dr Kris and saying I'm in good mental health.”


In another text Marilyn says she was asked by her psychiatrist how she managed to work if she was depressed, in response, the actress wrote in her notebook: "Greta Garbo, Charlie Chaplin and maybe also Ingrid Bergman sometimes worked when they were depressed" . The writings make it clear that one of the most inspiring women in cinema was, in fact, experiencing a constant internal battle.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.