Type Here to Get Search Results !

The most scandalous moment of an that is hard to believe?

 The most scandalous moment of an  that is hard to believe?

The most scandalous moment of an  that is hard to believe?


It was Emma Watson's 18th birthday. For many it's a day they've been waiting for a good while, as they'll be legally considered adults and will have freedoms they never had before. Freedoms that Emma soon realized wouldn't apply to her.

The most scandalous moment of an  that is hard to believe?



In 2016, while having a public conversation with Forest Whitaker at the HeForShe Arts Week in New York, she revealed what happened on her 18th birthday party in 2008:


I remember on my 18th birthday I came out of my 18th birthday party and photographers laid down on the pavement and took photographs up my skirt, which were then published on the front of the English tabloid the next morning.


If they had published the photographs 24 hours earlier they would have been illegal, but because I had just turned 18 they were legal.


And obviously Dan [Radcliffe] and Rupert [Grint], who were my male co-stars, don’t wear skirts but I think that’s just one example of how my transition to womanhood was dealt very differently by the tabloid press than it was for my male counterparts.


Those pictures, taken as she left the party and entered her car, were sold to and featured on the cover of magazines and newspapers worldwide and went viral online. People couldn't get enough of seeing her in a vulnerable state, even as they saw her expression as it was happening:

The most scandalous moment of an  that is hard to believe?



Her feelings were ignored in the search for pleasure and money and I find it disturbing that just a few hours can be the difference between being arrested for taking a picture up a minor's skirt and being able to sell it for large amounts and have it on the cover of every magazine in the world.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.