Type Here to Get Search Results !

Kate Winslet "proud" after breaking Tom Cruise's underwater filming record

 Kate Winslet "proud" after breaking Tom Cruise's underwater filming record

Kate Winslet "proud" after breaking Tom Cruise's underwater filming record


While filming Avatar 2, Kate Winslet held her breath underwater for an astonishing time, breaking a record previously held by Tom Cruise.

It's the record we've all been waiting to break: Tom Cruise's hitherto invincible and unthinkable record for holding his breath underwater while he was making a movie. The time in question, which was captured during the filming of Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (to the chagrin of ultra-competitive house flipper Jeremy Renner, no doubt) was six minutes. That's pretty impressive ... unless you're Kate Winslet.


That's because the Titanic Star was able to pass the six-minute mark and a bit more, setting the new bar at seven minutes and 14 seconds. The 45-year-old accomplished this feat by re-teaming with his old friend James Cameron at his next performance. Avatar sequel, currently scheduled for release in 2022.



Winslet spoke about the feat with Entertainment tonight. "It's a lot of fun because I don't really read reviews or media stuff," she said. "I'm not on Instagram, like I'm completely disconnected from that part of my life."


So all this week and the week before, I've had people come up to me at work and say, 'Oh my God, seven minutes and 14 seconds? Like what?!" And I say, 'What? Wait, wait a minute. How do you know that?'


When it comes to the achievement itself, Winslet is extremely happy about it. “It was brilliant and I was very proud of myself and will probably never be able to do it again. That came to the end of four weeks of pretty intense training and it was in the scuba tank, I was in the training tank. But I loved him. "


These kinds of challenges are one of the reasons Winslet continues to love her job. "We are very, very lucky as actors because we often have to learn a completely new skill."


Does this once again raise questions about the raft since the end of Titanic? Absolutely. But that's for another time. For now, we must feast on a truly eye-opening underwater venture.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad