Type Here to Get Search Results !

Actor Alexandra Daddario on how a 'True Detective' scene changed her career

Actor Alexandra Daddario on how a 'True Detective' scene changed her career

Actor Alexandra Daddario on how a 'True Detective' scene changed her career


  • Alexandra Daddario said that 'True Detective' is one of her biggest success
  • In 'True Detective' she played the character of a court room reporter
  • In the past, she has said that 'True Detective' was a tactical decision


Alexandra Daddario had done a series of films before she landed a role in HBO's 'True Detective'. She played the character of Annabeth Chase in the Percy Jackson franchise and was also a part of 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre'. While she came to the fore with her Percy Jackson movies, she credits a solitary scene from 'True Detective' that helped her and her career in movies.



In an interview that happened in 2000, Daddario had explained how she was struggling to land a role and was taken seriously as an actor. "I remember really fighting for that role or any role in the series because I was at a blockade at that time in my career," Daddario told Hollywood Reporter.


However, then she landed a character of Lisa Tragnetti in 'True Detective', who become involved with Woody Harrelson's character Martin Hart.


In a recent interview with Collider, Daddario recalled her experience and said 'True Detective' stays as her biggest success.


"The biggest successes I’ve had in my career, I did not expect or they were completely out of the blue. And the biggest jobs I’ve booked, I had no concept that I was gonna book them. So I’ve tried to maintain my sanity or whatever my viewpoint on life is...but True Detective, for example, which I’m sure we'll get to, it’s like, I didn’t see what was gonna happen from that coming at all. I don’t even think I was invited to that premiere," Daddario said.



"I didn’t go to the premiere of that show and then it ended up being a huge thing for my career. So you just never know what’s gonna happen, so I just try to do the best I can in whatever I choose to do and that’s it," she added.


How 'True Detective' was a tactical decision: "The tactical decision was, I went in for the audition and they seemed vaguely interested, and it was for a different role and I was like, ‘Well, they’re vaguely interested and I love these actors and I love Cary Fukunaga and I want to be in this show, so let me force them to hire me,'" Daddario said.


How a nu***e scene opposite Woody Harrelson changed her career.

"I didn’t expect to have what I had happen, which was - it’s a long time ago now - getting nak*** on a show where I didn’t have a huge role, I didn’t know what to expect. And then of course that episode aired and my manager called, and I’ll never forget it," the 35-year-old actor recalled.


"I was sitting on my boyfriend’s couch and she calls me in the morning after the episode aired and she was like, ‘The phone’s been ringing off the hook all morning...So no, I would have never expected that from that role. It was tactical, but not that tactical," she said.


As for her current works, she appeared in the recently-concluded HBO's White Lotus on August 15, 2021.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.