Halle Berry's Moonfall character was originally written for a male actor
But it didn't change as much as you think.
Halle Berry returns to the big screen in new disaster movie Moonfall, but in the original version, she might not have had the chance.
She plays NASA executive and former astronaut Jocinda Fowler who takes part in a desperate last-ditch attempt to save Earth after it's discovered that the Moon is on a collision course.
It's a role that was originally intended for a male actor but, talking to Digital Spy, Berry revealed not much was changed after she signed up. Well, apart from the obvious that Fowler became a mother and not a father.
"Other than that, I think the character was written for someone who was fairly intelligent, someone who had some brawn to them and someone who was a parent. I think those things pretty much stayed the same," she explained.
As with most Roland Emmerich movies, Earth gets a battering in Moonfall, but Emmerich doesn't just stay on Earth as the central trio head into space to save the day, resulting in some wild sequences as they head into the moon.
(Yes, we said into the moon.)
Berry's co-stars Patrick Wilson and John Bradley admitted they had no idea what some of these sequences would look like, and she was in the same boat.
"I don't think I could have imagined what was inside of Roland's mind, he's like a mad genius, so we didn't know what it was going to end up being," she recalled.
"That was the joy of watching the film for the first time, I feel like I really got to watch it as a moviegoer, even though I had read the script and played the character, I still didn't know exactly what Roland would do or how it would come together."
It's certainly given Moonfall an epic scope as we've come to expect from Emmerich. For Berry, it's an ideal big-screen experience if you're comfortable going to the cinema at this moment in time.
"I know it's a tricky time to be out in the world, but if you are desperate to go out and see a big movie on a big screen, this is a perfect movie," she explained.
"If you really just need to get out of your house because we've all been shut in for two years now, I would say go, it'll be a fun ride. You'll have two hours to escape your reality, you'll have something put on your mind that wasn't on your mind before."