Type Here to Get Search Results !

"I'm not interested in doing it": Keira Knightley refuses to shoot scenes directed by men

"I'm not interested in doing it": Keira Knightley refuses to shoot  scenes directed by men

"I'm not interested in doing it": Keira Knightley refuses to shoot  scenes directed by men

The actress decided to stop showing her body after becoming a mother for the second time. She states that she would only agree to strip in a movie in the future if it was directed by a woman.


Already in 2019 the British actress Keira Knightley had made the decision not to show her body in the cinema. “In the past I did nu** scenes, always making the decisions myself. Now my decision is that I no longer show my body", she explained in an interview with El PaĆ­s while facing her second pregnancy (she has two daughters, Edie, born in 2015 and Delilah, born in 2019). The interpreter, known for her roles in period films such as Atonement, Pride and Prejudice, Anna Karenina or The Duchess, he has maintained his purpose and, in addition, has added a new condition: as he has just revealed on the Chanel Connects podcast, his intention is to refuse to shoot s** scenes in movies directed by men.


"Partly it is because of vanity... And partly because of the male gaze," she said when explaining the reason for this refusal. "I don't want to do those horrible s** scenes where you're oiled up and everyone's grunting. I'm not interested in doing it, "said the actress. She explained that the changes experienced in her body after being a mother twice have influenced this decision: "I am too vain, I have had two daughters and I prefer not to get nak** in front of a group of men."


But she also added that she would be willing to show her body if the director were a woman and she felt it was necessary to explain the story they want to tell: "If I were doing a story that was about that journey of motherhood, that journey of acceptance of the body… But that would have to be with a filmmaker. I do not have an absolute prohibition when it comes to doing it, but I do have it with men.

"I'm not interested in doing it": Keira Knightley refuses to shoot  scenes directed by men


In fact, her last film to date has been with a female director, Philippa Lowthorpe. The British filmmaker directed her in Breaking the Rules, a film based on real events that was released last year and in which Knightley plays a feminist activist who sabotages the 1970 Miss World contest. The next project she is preparing, still to be release date, it is also directed by a woman: it is the film Silent Night, about the reunion of a family at Christmas, and is directed by Camille Griffin.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad