Type Here to Get Search Results !

Why was 'irreversible' an accident? "controversial" movie ever

 Why was 'irreversible' an accident? "controversial" movie ever

Why was 'irreversible' an accident? "controversial" movie ever

Despite being perhaps his most notable film, Noé revealed that ''Irreversible' is almost an accident. After making 'I Stand Alone', he wanted to make 'Enter the Void' but needed more money before pursuing his expensive passion project and wrote a treatment for 'Danger', the story that would eventually become 'Love '.


After bumping into Vincent Cassel at a club and bringing up the idea, Cassel said that he and his then-wife, Monica Bellucci, might be interested. Noah said, 'I needed money to pay my rent one more time, so I immediately called some producers and said, 'I'm putting together this erotic melodrama. 


Vincent Cassel and Monica Bellucci, who were the golden couple of French cinema, want to do it. 'And once again, I was lying because they hadn't read a line of treatment.'


Noah went on to explain that, 'ldquo; strangely, the producers went to StudioCanal and said that we are going to raise two million euros for a film called' lsquo; Danger'; with Monica and Vincent. So we had the money, but no one had read the treatment yet, and we had a shooting date.”


 But after Cassel read the treatment with Belluci, he called Noah and said the movie was too intimate and they weren't going to do it. Noé responded by saying, 'I understand you don't want to do this movie, but let's keep the dates and the money and do something else.' With only one night to come up with a new idea before he was supposed to meet with his producers, Noah thought, 'Why don't we make this rape-revenge movie told backwards?


How cocaine improbably helped him achieve ' Irreversible ' Noé revealed how his experiences with hallucinogenic drugs helped him prepare and apply visual effects for his films, but for one particularly intense scene in 'Irreversible', it was an unexpected encounter with cocaine that allowed him to overcome the exhaustion he felt as a cameraman. Noé recounted: “Most of the film, I was doing the camera, it was a handheld camera. 


And I'm not proud of this, but I'm not a coke, I get allergic, but there were some crew members that were doing coke and when the camera has to go upstairs, downstairs and turn around, at one point, my arms were hurting and my friends on set were giving me coke. And you feel strong and you feel like a superhero, you run up the stairs and you turn the camera.


 I was really happy because it helped me pull off the scene.' He continued: 'But after two days of going up and down stairs and turning the camera, I'm not a strong man, but the camera was very heavy. He had made such a muscular effort that by the time he finished this period of cocaine, the pain started and I couldn't even lift a glass of vodka.' [laughs]

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.