Alexandra Daddario Discusses 'True Detective' N-de Scene: 'I Just Did It'
'True Detective' marked HBO's biggest debut since 2010's 'Boardwalk Empire', and when it returns for its second episode on Sunday night (January 19), viewers will not only get more of the black murder mystery like the mouth and the great performances of Matthew McConaughey. and Woody Harrelson, but will see Alexandra Daddario take on her most mature role to date.
The actress is known for her roles in the series 'Percy Jackson' and the most recent 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre,' but in Sunday's episode, 'Seeing Things,' Daddario takes on a role that he described to MTV News as a ' big challenge. .
As Lisa Tragnetti, Daddario plays the young woman having an affair, Detective Hart (Harrelson), and after a brief appearance in the first of eight episodes, her role is greatly expanded in the second. Speaking with MTV News, Daddario recalled her decision to take on her role and how she approached her revealing scenes with Harrelson.
`ʻI think one thing about this role for me was that it was a big challenge for me, and I saw it as a good challenge. I saw it as an interesting challenge,'' Daddario said. 'I really wanted to be a part of the show, and I understood why the n-dity and all that was required of the character... The character is really unlike anything I've ever done before. The n-dity was just a part of it.'
On the day of the shoot, Daddario took solace in her more than her co-star, whose experience helped her through a situation that could have been awkward.
'Woody has done so many different things. He made the whole situation very comfortable,'' Daddario said. 'It was nothing awkward in that sense. I tried not to think about it too much before shooting the more intim-te scenes and just went with it. [Harrelson] has been out there doing that. It's Woody Harrelson. If there's anyone I was going to feel comfortable with, it was someone like him.'
'Seeing Things' has just started telling Lisa's story in the context of Hart's life, and Daddario says there are probably some issues stemming from the relationship.
I think you definitely have a problem. No one is all good or all bad,'' Daddario said of her character. If anything, she's probably a bit bored and emotionally volatile and naive. She's probably done things like this before, maybe not exactly how it all turned out. That's her role in Hart's story. She causes him trouble.
