Ben Affleck clarifies things following his words about his divorce with Jennifer Garner
On Wednesday, December 15, Ben Affleck returned to his words about the failure of his marriage to Jennifer Garner during his visit to the program "Jimmy Kimmel Live". Words that indignant Internet users.
In a recent interview for the "Howard Stern Show", broadcast on Sirius XM, Ben Affleck returned to the reasons for his divorce with Jennifer Garner in 2015. According to the actor, he started drinking because he felt trapped in her relationship with the mother of her three children, Violet (16), Seraphina (12) and Samuel (9). "I said to myself:" I can't go because of my children but I'm not happy when doing? " And what I was doing is that I was drinking a bottle of tape and fell asleep on the sofa, which was not the solution at all, "he said. Ben Affleck who currently shares his life with Jennifer Lopez, had nuanced his words, stressing that he had separated from Jennifer Garner "amicable" and that they respected each other.
"I never want my children to think that I could one day say their mother's evil"
Because Ben Affleck immediately attracted the wrath of Internet users who castigated his lack of recognition towards his ex-wife. They notably pointed out that, thanks to her, the actor had joined a detoxification center in 2018. Seeing the turn of his distorted words on the Internet and in the media, the 49 -year -old actor took advantage of his visit to the show by Jimmy Kimmel, Wednesday December 15, to make things clear. "I never want my children to think that I could one day say their mother's evil. (…) I said something and we gave the impression that I said the exact opposite, said Ben Affleck. I talked about the fact that we are resuming each other, that we care about each other, of our children, that they were our priority. And they said that I blamed my ex-wife for my alcoholism and that I was trapped, which gave me the image of a horrible, stupid and insensitive guy. »»
For the time being, Jennifer Garner has not spoken on the words of her ex-husband. But, an anonymous source said to the magazine "Intouch" that the actress would have found these disrespectful words and that they had made her "the effect of a slap".
