Demi Moore spent three years without talking to her daughters about her "addiction" to Ashton Kutcher
Demi Moore spent three years without talking to her daughters, Rumer, Tallulah and Scout, after a very complicated stage in her life after her divorce with Ashton Kutcher where her addition was very present.
Demi Moore has always been very close to the three daughters she had from her marriage to Bruce Willis: Rumer, Tallulah and Scout. It is common to always see the whole family bragging about how much they love each other and how close they are, but over the years, they have also gone through difficult times that they have had to overcome.
Demi Moore's life has not been easy at all and, as she revealed in her memoir "Inside Out. My Story", she was raped at the age of 15 and her mother received money in exchange for her. In addition, she also openly talks about her addiction to alcohol or drugs, among many other aspects.
But, if there is a complicated episode in Demi Moore's life, it is when her daughters stopped talking to the protagonist of 'Ghost'. Demi's three daughters talked about this with the actress in an interview they offered to Jad a Pinkett Smith on 'Red Table Talk'.
In this interview Rumer Willis, the eldest daughter, reveals that she was the one who had the most contact with Demi Moore at that stage and that her younger sisters were the ones who cut off the relationship completely: "Scout and Tallulah had very different experiences than I had. when we stopped talking to my mom. They didn't talk to her for three years."
Thus, Tallulah remembered these years of Demi Moore's abuse of drugs and alcohol: "It's as if the sun had set and a monster was coming. I remember there was only the anxiety that took over my body when I could feel that her eyes would close a little more, the way she talked. Or she'd be a lot more loving to me if she wasn't sober."
"It was very strange, and there were times when she would get angry, I remember that she was very upset and that she treated her like a girl and talked to her like a girl, she was not the mother we had grown up with, "he said then.
She coincided with her divorce with Ashton Kutcher
Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher were for years one of the most important couples in Hollywood. The actors were married from 2005 to 2013 but after 8 years of marriage Ashton decided to break up with Demi. A separation that left the actress broken.
Much of the problem that her daughters had with Demi was motivated by the relationship that Demi Moore had with Ashton Kutcher and how the interpreter managed her life and her priority.
"A lot of that time, especially with Ashton, I was really upset because I felt like something was taken from me," Tallulah said. "When [Demi] wanted to have another baby, and then it wasn't happening, and there was so much focus on it, it was like, 'Oh, well, we're not enough,'" she kept telling her.
To later Demi confess that she "emotionally" distanced herself from her daughters during her relationship with Ashton: "The addiction and codependency, my addiction to Ashton, that was probably almost more devastating because it emotionally distanced me (from her daughters)."
Moore reveals in her memoirs that she felt very "lost" at the time, so much so that she even considered taking her own life: "I would wake up in the morning and think, 'I don't know what to do. How do I get out of this day?' so much pain, both physical and emotional, that he could barely function. That feeling of not being anchored by all of these people's needs and my role as their mother was unbearable. There wasn't much going on in my career... she had no choice but to be with myself, and she hated it. Is this life? Because if so, I'm done."
The intense relationship of Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore
16 years separated Demi Moore from Ashton Kutcher but the age difference was not a problem in her love story. The actor was 25 years old when he started with Demi: "I was forty years old but I'm telling you: we couldn't tell. We were totally in sync from our first conversation," the actress commented in her memoir.
For Demi Moore, her relationship with Ashton was like being 20 years old again: "When I was twenty-five, I became a mother," she revealed. "I went straight from being a young adult to motherhood and marriage. When I met Ashton, it almost felt like a replay, like I could go back in time and experience what it was like to be young with him, much more than I ever did." I had never been able to experience when I was actually in my twenties."

