Emma Watson didn't 'walk off the set' of This Is The End, says Seth Rogen.
Actor-director Seth Rogen has clarified that British star Emma Watson did not leave the set of her 2013 film This Is The End because of a scene she didn't like.
Rogen's statement came after he apparently confirmed a rumor that Watson had walked off the set of the comedy film, which she had directed with her partner Evan Goldberg.
The sequence featured Danny McBride embracing cannibalism and incorporated Channing Tatum in a gimp mask, playing himself in the film as his prisoner on a leash.
During an interview with UK magazine GQ, Rogen was asked about the incident and he said, I mean, I don't look back and think, 'How dare he do that?' You know? I think sometimes when you read something, when it's real, it doesn't seem to be what you thought.
After many publications broke the story with Rogen's comment on the alleged incident, he decided to set the record straight by posting a statement on Twitter.
I want to correct a story that has come out of a recent interview I gave. It misrepresents what really happened. Emma Watson didn't 'walk off the set' and it sucks that the perception is that she did, the actor said.
— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) March 30, 2021
The scene was not what was originally written, it was being improvised, changing drastically and it was not what she agreed on. The narrative that she was somehow inelegant or unprofessional is complete nonsense, he added.
Rogen said there was a miscommunication between him and Watson that put her in an awkward position.
She and I talked through the night; Overall it was a shitty situation and it must have been hard for her to say anything and I'm really happy and impressed that she did.
We agreed that she would not be in the scene together. I was excited for the opportunity to work with her and would be excited to have that opportunity again. I'm so sorry and disappointed that it happened, and I wish I had done more to prevent it, Rogen said.
