Ivanka Trump converted to Judaism
The daughter of businessman Donald Trump answered questions from New York magazine, where she talked about what she expects from her commitment to Jared Kushner.
After years of courtship, celebrity fans may have wondered why it took Jared Kushner so long to propose to Ivanka Trump. The answer lies in religion: Trump had to convert to Judaism in order to commit. It was during this week that the young businesswoman completed the long process. "Jared is my best friend for many reasons," the daughter of Donald and Ivana Trump told New York magazine. "I've allowed him to see who I really am and he loves me that way. I don't feel like there's any wall that keeps him from seeing who I am."
Ivanka explained that for her Jared is a bit of her hero because he has a great ability to stay focused, he lacks the natural anxiety that someone his age has, given over to so many responsibilities."
After meeting up with mutual friends, Trump told the magazine the couple experienced a "slow" courtship.
"It's so weird, we're planning to host an event at a fancy restaurant. We're so in love. We go to the park, we ride bikes together. We go to the 2nd Avenue Deli. We live in a fantasy world."
They also like to spend time at home.
"I've learned how to cook. Once a week we take a night and I cook for both of us. We spend time together and talk about what we're working on," Trump said. And unlike her parents, Ivanka says she doesn't expect to be a happy couple working together any time soon: "I think it's healthy to have separate interests. I love being able to talk business with my dad. there were different opinions between me and my boyfriend or between my husband or whoever. And, naturally, none of us could take a supporting role."
But the best part of Jared becoming her husband? "He will be a great father," Ivanka said, adding that he has a beautiful relationship with his own father: "He knows how to prioritize what's important."
