Type Here to Get Search Results !

Jennifer Lawrence explains why she took a break from acting

 Jennifer Lawrence explains why she took a break from acting

Jennifer Lawrence explains why she took a break from acting

"It had gotten to a point where she couldn't do anything right," the Oscar winner said.


Jennifer Lawrence states that she took a break from acting because she felt "everyone had gotten tired" of her.


Having garnered critical acclaim for her performances in "Winter's Bone" and "X-Men: First Class," Lawrence's stardom was further amplified when she played leading lady Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games" in 2012. Two sequels followed, three Oscar nominations and an Academy Award for 'The Bright Side of Things' in 2013, as he appeared in 14 films over seven years.


However, after a series of box office disappointments, with things like 'Passengers', 'Mother!', 'Red Sparrow' and 'Dark Phoenix' failing to find their audience, Lawrence felt he had no choice but to walk away. for a while.


"She wasn't pumping out the quality that she should have," she told Vanity Fair recently, ahead of her return in Netflix's star-studded disaster comedy "Don't Look Up." "I think everybody got sick of me. I got sick of me. I had just gotten to a point where I couldn't do anything right. If I walked a red carpet, it was, 'Why didn't he run?' ... I think I was a people-pleaser for most of my life."



"Working made me feel like nobody could be mad at me: 'Okay, I said yes, we're doing it. Nobody's mad.' So I felt like I'd gotten to a point where people didn't like just my existence. So that made me think that work or your career can bring any kind of peace to your soul."


Directed by the director of works like 'The Vice of Power' and 'The Big Short', Adam McKay, in 'Don't Look Up' Lawrence plays Kate Dibiasky, an astronomy graduate student whose mentor is Doctor Randall Mindy ( played by Leonardo DiCaprio). The pair apparently discover that a comet is hurtling towards Earth, and they embark on a mission to warn humanity through a gigantic media tour.



Scott Mescudi, Ariana Grande, Ron Perlman, Mark Rylance, Tyler Perry, Jonah Hill, Timothée Chalamet, Cate Blanchett and Meryl Streep are also in the cast.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad