Type Here to Get Search Results !

Batman and Robin ended Alicia Silverstone's longtime love of acting

 Batman and Robin ended Alicia Silverstone's longtime love of acting

Batman and Robin ended Alicia Silverstone's longtime love of acting


Alicia Silverstone admits she "stopped loving acting" after doing Batman & Robin. The young actress played Batgirl in the 1997 film, alongside George Clooney, Uma Thurman and Chris O'Donnell. "That definitely wasn't my favorite movie experience," she says Silverstone reflecting on the production and its aftermath. The actress won a Razzie for Worst Supporting Actress and critics in the press began calling her "Fatgirl," which was after the body shaming she had already gone through during the making of the film.



The body shaming that occurred after the release of Batman and Robin took its toll on Alicia Silverstone. However, she says that it never occurred to her when it happened. She would take it in stride when an interviewer asked her about her weight or her cup size. She had this to say when she was asked about the whole situation.


“My body was made fun of when I was younger. It was painful, but he knew they were wrong. I wasn't confused. I knew it wasn't right to make fun of someone's body shape, that doesn't seem like the right thing to do to a human."


Alicia Silverstone still looks back on some elements of her work on Batman & Robin fondly, like working with Michael Gough and doing fight scenes with Uma Thurman. She even joked that she would like to reprise the role with all the wisdom that she has accumulated over the years. That said, she didn't feel that way when she finished the movie. Silverstone explains.


“There were work circumstances that were less than favorable in terms of how things went. And no I didn't say 'f*** you' and come out like a warrior but I just walked away and left OK I know what it is and I'm done I'm not going to go near that again... I stopped loving acting for a long time weather ".




As for what made Alicia Silverstone fall in love with acting again, it was a role in a David Mamet play. "My body was like, this is what I'm supposed to do, I love it, I need to find a way to do both, to be able to be an actress and be an activist at the same time, so that's what I did," she says. From there, she decided to take the advice of her agent and only take on projects that she felt were "sharp" on a personal level.


Alicia Silverstone does what she wants these days. She takes on any acting roles she wants and pulls out vegan cookbooks as she fights for her beliefs. As for Batman and Robin, it is regarded as the worst of the Batman movies. On the eve of the 20th anniversary in 2017, director Joel Schumacher officially apologized for making it and disappointing fans around the world. Silverstone still found a way to come out on top. The Silverstone interview was originally conducted by The Guardian.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad