During a steamy sadomasochistic scene in Fifty Shades of Grey, actress Dakota Johnson used "a butt double" because she was overwhelmed by modesty.
According to Excelsior, the actress revealed that it is not her body that is exposed when tycoon Christian Grey, played by Jamie Dornan, whips Anastasia Steele with a belt. That's not my butt, because I didn't want to get hit
"There's a close-up of a butt hit by a belt. That's not my butt, because I didn't want to get hit," the actress said in an interview with Entertainment Tonight.
Director Sam Taylor-Johnson revealed in the same program that they had the advice of an expert in extreme s-x.
"The scenes are really technical and rehearsed because they have to be safe and done as realistically as possible. There are a lot of details that you have to take care of to stay true to the sado culture," she said.
Dornan acknowledged that the role played by Johnson was much more complicated, as she was exposed to uncomfortable situations.
Of course, the young actress took home one of the whips that were used during the filming, which now remains under guard in the garage.
"I have a whip in my house, it's in the garage collecting dust," the actress said in an interview published by Glamour.
She also keeps some lingerie that was used in the strongest s-xual scenes.
"I've stolen a lot of underwear, it was very comfortable," she acknowledged.
