Type Here to Get Search Results !

How Leonardo DiCaprio's Slap Made Margot Robbie Famous

At the audition, he shared a scene with the protagonist Leonardo DiCaprio and surprised everyone with what he did: he improvised a slap to the actor who was not in the script.

As he recounted her, at the time of the audition, she only thought that he had 30 seconds to impress DiCaprio and the director.

The Australian actress rose to fame thanks to 'The Wolf of Wall Street', a film in which she had to undress and was s-xually harassed without knowing it.

Margot Robbie has been one of the biggest names in Hollywood for the past decade. Her role in 'The Wolf of Wall Street' catapulted her to stardom and opened the doors for other films such as 'The Legend of Tarzan', 'Suicide Squad', 'Focus' or 'Once upon a time in Hollywood'. However, it would be with 'I, Tonya' and with 'Bombshell' with which she would get two nominations at the Oscars, as best actress and as best supporting actress respectively. She is now preparing her role as Barbie to share the bill with Ryan Gosling, but what would her career have been without a slap in the face and masturbation with the public?

In 'The Wolf of Wall Street' she played Naomi, the lover and later wife of a Jordan Belfort who gave life to Leonardo DiCaprio. Martin Scorsese called her for the casting almost ten years ago and at her audition she had DiCaprio himself, an Oscar nominee for best actor for that film, in front of her. And there, under the watchful eyes of two legends of the film industry, he played it all or nothing with a slap.

As she told herself, she was convinced that she only had 30 seconds to impress DiCaprio and Scorsese. “I start yelling and he yells at me. He is really scary, I could barely keep up,” she recalled. The actor, following the script, continued, “You must be happy to have a husband like me. Now come here and give me a kiss." And time stopped: “So I walk up really close to his face and then I think maybe I should kiss him, when will I have another chance to kiss Leo DiCaprio? But instead I hit him in the face. The room went silent and I froze.

Luckily for her, and although she had fleeting thoughts that he would never work in Hollywood again, Scorsese and DiCaprio "laughed" and the actor asked her to hit him again. She was finally hired and had to shoot a scene that left a mark on the Australian actress.

“17 hours pretending that he touched me”

One of the scenes that Margot remembers the most is the one in which she appears in a room with DiCaprio and shows her private parts to the actor while she masturbates as punishment for him. The scene for a few seconds, but the shooting for her was endless. “You don't realize when you're watching the movie, the audience doesn't see it, but we were actually in a very small room with 30 people from the crew around me. All of them men. For 17 hours I was pretending that he was touching me, ”he confessed about what was a bad experience for her.

How Leonardo DiCaprio's Slap Made Margot Robbie Famous

"It's a very strange thing, you have to bury the shame and what seems absurd to you ... It was really uncomfortable, deep and completely committed," she declared. “It's crazy. I did not know that you could say that I have been s-xually harassed without anyone touching you (...). As a result of the scenes I have investigated what s-xual harassment consists of. I didn't know what constituted s-xual harassment until the MeToo movement."

On the same tape she had to undress completely and on the subject she spoke years ago with the New York Times: "That morning that I went to work, that I knew I had to do that scene, I was trembling, scared, all the time I thought that I would not do it. was going to be able to do. When I arrived, when it was my turn to do it, I had three shots of tequila and then I took off my clothes and did it. It was very good. It helped keep my hands from shaking and gave me a little confidence boost.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.