Jennifer Lawrence said in a new profile with Vanity Fair that she was wary of appearing n-de in her new movie, "Red Sparrow," following a 2014 hack that leaked her n-de photos online.
Lawrence stars as a Russian secret intelligence agent in the film, a spy thriller filled with s-x, violence, and n-dity.
"'Red Sparrow' really scared the hell out of me because I get n-de," Lawrence said. "I tried to do the movie without n-dity but realized it just wouldn't be right to put the character through something that I, myself, am not willing to go through."
The 27-year-old actress told Vanity Fair that she was concerned viewers would criticize her for appearing n-de after she condemned the hack of her n-de photos.
"My biggest fear was that people would say, 'Oh, how can you complain about the hack if you're going to get n-de anyway?,'" Lawrence said.
Lawrence said in an interview with "60 Minutes" on Sunday that she ultimately felt "empowered" to do the n-de scenes.
"I realized that there was a difference between consent and not and I showed up for the first day and I did it and I felt empowered," Lawrence said. "I feel like something that was taken from me I got back and am using in my art."
