Type Here to Get Search Results !

Mia Khalifa opens up on struggle in p-rn industry: My family disowned me when they found out

Former adult film actress Mia Khalifa said that her family had no idea about her stint in the p-rn industry initially.

Former adult film actress Mia Khalifa has been speaking out about the p-rn industry for a while and in a telling interview with BBC, explained the reason behind doing so. The 26-year-old worked in the p-rn industry for three months in 2015 but still ranks on the top spot on certain adult film sites.

While sharing her experience of working in the adult film industry with BBC, Mia said that several others with similar stories reached out to her after her recent interview was published, in which she discussed the various aspects of the p-rn industry.

"After the interview came out, people started reaching out. All of my emails - my manager checks them. When he gets stuff like that, he filters them and sends them to me. And reading the words of some of these girls, who have been sex-trafficked and forced into p-rn, and all of these stories of girls whose lives have been ruined by it and by men, who have taken advantage of them, and by contracts that they didn't even understand the jargon of, it makes me feel like, okay, maybe it was good that I started talking," Mia said during her interview with BBC Hardtalk.Some people can also relate to Mia, she said, adding, "That I posted this interview and that I am speaking out now, because other people feel the same way, and even if they do not relate on a deep level as doing p-rn, they can relate on the level of being insecure and being pressured into doing something that they did not want to do."

Mia Khalifa opens up on struggle in p-rn industry: My family disowned me when they found out

Although it has been over three years since Mia quit working in the adult film industry, she said that she has no personal life even at this point of time. "I think post-traumatic stress kicks in mostly when I go on public. Because the stares I get, I feel like people can see through my clothes. And it brings me deep shame. It makes me feel like I lost all rights to my privacy, which I did because I am just one Google search away," she added.

Mia, in fact, also said during the show that her family had no idea about her stint in the adult film industry initially.

"And they disowned me when they found out. I felt completely alienated by not just the world, but my family and the people around me. Especially after I quit, when I was still alone, even though I left. And I just realised some mistakes aren't forgivable. But time heals all wounds, and things are getting better now," Mia added.

After quitting the adult film industry, Mia Khalifa worked as a paralegal and bookkeeper.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.