Type Here to Get Search Results !

Stana Katic Was ‘Hurt’ and ‘Confused’ After Being Fired From ‘Castle’

 'It hurt and it was a harsh ending': Stana Katic still wondering why she was fired off ABC's Castle

'It hurt and it was a harsh ending,' the Canadian-American 39-year-old admitted to EW on Saturday. 'I'm actually still not clear on the thought process behind the way that it went down.' 

The former Bond girl played NYPD homicide detective Kate Beckett for seven years alongside Nathan Fillion's mystery novelist Richard Castle, and there were rumors of a rift.

At the time, the 46-year-old SAG Award nominee - who signed a contract for season nine - wished his 'partner' well via Twitter and thanked her for creating 'one of the greatest police officers on TV.'

But a day later, Us Weekly claimed the Canadian heartthrob had been a 'bully' who frequently made Stana 'cry in her trailer on set.' 

In the dismally-reviewed, rushed series finale - titled 'Crossfire' - Kate and Richard were depicted 'seven years later' still happily married playing with their three children.

'I hope it remains something special in viewers' minds forever,' Katic continued.

'I met so many beautiful people on that project, and we collaborated on something really unique in that it's not every day that you get a show, or a series, that has eight seasons and that it was a hit for the network.

'It would be a disservice to those people, to the work that we did together, and to my work, which I feel contributed, in part, to the success of the show, to be anything but grateful because, at the end of the day, that was a fantastic platform. It was a formative experience, and we told a love story that I feel moved people, touched people, and I can't be anything but glad that I was a part of something like that.'

The University of Toronto alum next executive produces and stars as FBI Agent-turned-fugitive Emily Byrne in the 10-episode serial killer series Absentia, which premieres next Friday on Amazon. 

The Rendezvous actress took the part because she wanted to avoid 'the mom thing' where a character is only there to serve as backdrop for the lead.

'Often times, in the past, characters that have had that kind of role in a story, the main quality is that they worry. That's it,' Stana explained.

Stana Katic Was ‘Hurt’ and ‘Confused’ After Being Fired From ‘Castle’

'And then I read [Absentia], and I thought, "Oh, this is really interesting," because Emily had all of those roles packaged into one person, and she’s still a badass, and she's still an active member in storytelling.' 

On the personal front, Katic - who's fluent in six languages - will celebrate her third wedding anniversary with business efficiency consultant husband Kris Brkljac this April.

Meanwhile, Nathan will next reunite with his Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog nemesis Neil Patrick Harris for the second season of A Series of Unfortunate Events, which starts streaming March 30 on Netflix.

In it, Fillion plays Lemony Snicket's (Patrick Warburton) doomed big brother Jacques, who's described as having a unibrow and a tattoo of an eye on his ankle, like Count Olaf (Harris).

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad