Type Here to Get Search Results !

Penelope Cruz recalled the emotional gesture that Salma Hayek had with her upon her arrival in Hollywood

The actresses have been friends for more than two decades and have sought support throughout their careers.

Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz have maintained a close friendship since they began their careers in Hollywood, which began thanks to the Mexican inviting the Spanish to stay at her house when she was only waiting for a hotel room.

Penelope Cruz was invited to The Ellen Show, where she shared some anecdotes from her last few months with her family. In the conversation, Ellen recalled that Salma Hayek has assured on different occasions that her mansion is haunted, so the protagonist of Parallel Mothers remembered the first time she was at her friend's house.

The Spanish revealed that the Veracruz woman sought to support her from the first day she was in Los Angeles, as she learned that Cruz had to stay in a hotel during the filming of the film in which she would work and Salma wanted those days to be more enjoyable for her partner.

“When I first went to Los Angeles, we didn't know each other, just on the phone. I arrived with a ticket to make a movie. I had my return ticket. So I was coming for two months and I didn't know anyone here. She picked me up at the airport and said, 'You're not going to go to a hotel. You come to my house, because this is hard at the beginning. You will feel very alone. So she took me to her house, ”recalled the protagonist of Wild Spirit.

Penelope confessed that, due to these types of gestures that Hayek has with her, she considers her as her sister.

“That's why we're like sisters now. I ended up sleeping in her room because I was scared. And, you know, that's how we met. On top of everything, in the middle of the night, she says that I held her hand because she was scared. I don't know, she was dreaming,” she continued.

The Spanish woman also acknowledged that the beginning of her friendship with Salma was strange due to the trust that both had since they met, but she also thinks that it is something tender and that is why over the years she continues to feel great affection for his partner.

“It was amazing that someone I really didn't know, only by phone, made sure to pick me up at the airport and wouldn't let me go to the hotel. She told me: "Whether you like it or not, you don't know me but you're going to come to my house, I'm not going to leave you alone." I love her so much, from the first day she has been like this with me, ”said the protagonist of Volver.

Penelope Cruz recalled the emotional gesture that Salma Hayek had with her upon her arrival in Hollywood

On her part, the Mexican revealed months ago that Penelope has also been a friend to her who seeks to help and support her, such was the case of the harassment Salma received from Harvey Weinstein.

The star of Frida denounced the abuse she suffered from the filmmaker through a column published in The New York Times. Until that moment, Hayek had not spoken about the subject, not even with the people closest to her. Therefore, Cruz was upset with her when he read the atrocities she had to suffer, questioning why he had not told her to support her in this way. Despite her annoyance, he accompanied her in those difficult moments.

The friendship between the actresses has led them to work together in Hollywood with the movie Bandida (2006), but both have also managed to feign fame in the United States, becoming icons of the Hispanic community in the world.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.