Type Here to Get Search Results !

Sophia Loren explains the story behind this mythical image

It was Sophia Loren's party, and she could glare at rival actress Jayne Mansfield if she wanted to.

And so she did...

The real story behind Loren's famously dirty look at a seemingly "unconscious" Mansfield, which remains one of the most iconic images in Hollywood history 60 years later, has finally been revealed.

It seems that the Oscar-winning Italian actress was not happy that the blonde bombshell Mansfield was attending her party and trying to steal the limelight they both had. In 1957, Loren "had just signed a deal with Paramount and arrived in California, and the company threw a big homecoming party in Beverly Hills. And it turns out Jayne Mansfield was on the guest list," she revealed to People magazine.

Loren recently explained what happened before the photo was taken, telling her: "It came right to my table. I knew everyone was watching. She sat down. And suddenly…".

"Look at the image. Where are my eyes? I'm looking at her nipples because I'm afraid they're about to fall on my plate." And she added: “In my face you can see the fear. I'm scared because everything on her dress looks like it's going to explode and spill all over the table."

Sophia Loren explains the story behind this mythical image

In other photos taken from that night, the couple can be seen greeting each other and smiling, but Loren says this image is the only one that "really shows

how was she ». "There may be other photos, but this is the image that shows what it was like," the 83-year-old actress explained.

And 60 years later, Loren is still being asked by fans to sign the photograph, as she confirms: “Many, many times I was given this photo to autograph. And I never do. I don't want to have anything to do with it. And also out of respect for Jayne Mansfield because she is no longer with us »(Mansfield died in 1967).

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.