Christina Ricci has revealed she used to walk around a movie set n-ked.
The 42-year-old actor explained that she'd strip off to try and make people more comfortable with the human body - and so it would be less awkward when she was n-de on camera.
She chatted about her unorthodox technique during an episode of Variety's Actors on Actors series, in which she and Euphoria star Sydney Sweeney compared their experiences of filming s-x scenes.
"Once I had to do a movie where I was n-ked pretty much the entire time," Ricci said.
"The thing that made me more uncomfortable was other people being uncomfortable with me being n-ked. So what I did, and you probably wouldn’t be allowed to do this now – I just stayed n-ked," the Addams Family star continued.
"I was like, 'Don’t make me feel weird like I’m the person who has to be ashamed,'" she added."I would talk to crew members n-ked. I wanted everybody around me to stop reacting to it, because then I would forget that I was n-ked. And it worked. But it’s one of the only times I’ve ever actually really felt comfortable being n-ked on camera."
While Ricci didn't clarify exactly which movie she was talking about, it seems likely that she was referring to Black Snake Moan - a 2006 film in which she played a s-x addict opposite Samuel L. Jackson and Justin Timberlake.
The Yellowjackets star went on to talk about how the industry has become more accommodating to women filming s-x scenes, saying: "With the conversations that were had on our set about intim-cy and people’s comfort, it was the first time I realized that things have really changed, and women are now allowed to say, 'I’m not comfortable.'"
"I mean, I remember once on a movie saying I wasn’t comfortable with something and they threatened to sue me if I didn’t do it. That would never happen now," she added.
That said, the actor reflected that she's hasn't "done a s-x scene in a couple years."
"I’m at that age where they don’t ask you to do them so much anymore. I mean, I don’t really enjoy them," she told Sweeney.
