Meghan revealed that it was her sister-in-law who brought her to tears in the days leading up to her 2018 liaison with Prince Harry.
The Duchess of Cambridge came out better than expected in the two-hour special that was broadcast this Sunday, in which Meghan Markle gave an interview to her good friend Oprah Winfrey.
Among other bombshells, Meghan revealed that it was her sister-in-law who made her cry in the days leading up to her 2018 liaison with Prince Harry, and not the other way around, as she claimed at the time.
The comment that got Meghan so upset was about the outfits the flower girls wore to the ceremony, and at the time, it seemed to her that Kate should have been more tactful knowing the pressure she was under and also He had just discovered that he would not have the presence of his father Thomas Markle on his big day, because it had been leaked that he had arranged several poses with the paparazzi.
"The week of the wedding was really rough, and she was upset about something. But she took it on, and she apologized, and she brought me flowers and a note apologizing. She did what I would do if I knew I'd hurt someone, take it on." responsibility for it," revealed the Duchess of Sussex.
Although Meghan insists she forgave her from the bottom of her heart, it still hurt her to see the story leaked to the press and portray her as the villain in the movie: "I would never have wanted that to come out, even if it had happened truth. I tried hard so that it never came to light, "he said. "The thing that was hard to get over was being blamed for something that not only didn't I do, but happened to me. And having people who were part of our wedding go to our communications team to reassure them, 'I know That didn't happen like that."
Prince Harry's wife acknowledges that she would have liked Kate to correct that information, but she is also aware that she may not have been allowed to do so.
"She is a good person," she said of Prince William's wife, with whom she regrets that she has clashed with her in recent years. "I think a lot of what I've seen posted about her reinforces that idea of polarity, but if you like me, you don't have to hate her. And if you like her, you don't have to hate me either."
