Kate Winslet Mia's daughter is blazing a trail of her own.
The Oscar-winning 20-year-old daughter has recently launched a career in Hollywood, with two credited roles on IMDb, including the 2014 film “A Little Chaos,” starring Winslet, Alan Rickman and Stanley Tucci. Most recently, she was seen in 2020's “Shadows.”
However, despite having a famous and critically acclaimed mother, Mia chose to use her father's last name: Threapleton.
"[She's] 20 and acting," Winslet said on The Lorraine Kelly Show recently. She is now in the Czech Republic about to start a TV series there."
The 45-year-old "Titanic" star said she "always suspected" her daughter would follow in her footsteps.
"What's been really cool for her is that she has a different last name, so in the early work, she kind of went under the radar and the people who cast her had no idea that she was my daughter and, of course, that she was my daughter." biggest fear and the most important for your self-esteem, of course.” Winslet said.
Winslet shares Mia with her ex-husband, Jim Threapleton, whom she was married to from 1998 to 2001. She also has a 17-year-old son, Joe, with director Sam Mendes and a 7-year-old son, Bear. with her current husband, Edward Abel “Ned Rocknroll” Smith.
Last year, Mia sat down for an interview with Variety and talked about her role in "Shadows."
“I had just finished school, was free from exam hell and was feeling excited, nervous and ready to start auditioning, and hoping that audition opportunities would come my way,” she said at the time. moment. "I was just hoping I'd get the chance to do what I've wanted to do for so long!"
The role was the "first [she'd] ever auditioned for" and the "Shadows" script was the first the young star was "given to read," she shared.
“I couldn't believe my luck. I read it and I didn't put it down," the star recalled. "Which is admitting a lot because I'm dyslexic and that means sometimes I have to read slowly and steadily to absorb things fully."
She added that she didn't spend a lot of time visiting her mother on set while she was growing up.
"It's a very different experience when it's happening to you, and not just something that she was watching from time to time," the star said. “I really understand why my mother has always impressed us with how hard the work is. She is right! And she loved every second of it.”
