Type Here to Get Search Results !

Jennifer Lawrence forced into a 'n+ked lineup' early in her career

Jennifer Lawrence has revealed that one of her first acting jobs was riddled with s+xual harassment, from weight loss lawsuits to being pitched for porn.

"When she was much younger and starting out, the producers of a movie told me to lose 15 pounds in two weeks," the Oscar winner said at the Elle Women in Hollywood event on Monday. “(She was) kind of crazy. A girl before me had already been fired for not losing enough weight fast enough. During this time, a production company had me do a n+de line-up with about five women who were much, much thinner than me. We're standing next to each other with only skins covering our privates.'

"After that demeaning and humiliating line, the producer told me that I should use the n+de photos of myself as inspiration for my diet," added Lawrence, 27, with a laugh. 'I can laugh now, it's okay.'

Lawrence claimed that her director at the time only made things worse and made them more uncomfortable than they already were.

"She asked me to star in a porn movie as the character," she revealed, "among many other things that are too inappropriate to repeat here in this dress." so fat that she thought I was 'perfectly f-kable''.

The 'Mother' star continued: 'She was stuck, and I can see that now. I didn't want to be a whistleblower, I didn't want these embarrassing stories being talked about in a magazine, I just wanted a career... In all the sadness, I think it's been strangely unifying. It's very fundamental to the female experience to be abused and shamed.'

Jennifer Lawrence forced into a 'n+ked lineup' early in her career

“In a dream world, everyone is treated with the same amount of respect. But until we reach that goal, I will lend my ear, I will lend my voice to any boy, girl, man or woman who doesn't feel like she can protect herself,' she continued. 'I let myself be treated a certain way because I felt I had to for my career,' she said. 'I'm still learning that I don't have to smile when a man makes me uncomfortable. Every human being should have the power to be treated with respect because he is human.'

Lawrence also expressed his support for a Hollywood commission proposed by Kathleen Kennedy that aims to end s+xual harassment in the industry.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad