Margot Robbie recounted an uncomfortable scene in which she spent 17 hours n-ked with 30 men around and culminated in DiCaprio slapping
The actress recounted the terrible moments she experienced in the acclaimed film. "I didn't know you could say, 'I've been s-xually harassed,' without anyone touching you," she revealed.
In a film there are hours of work and a goal to achieve "eternal success". We see a team that goes towards the goal, actors and actresses who leave their skin to get consecrated on the screen. If you are looking to grow in the film industry, you need to do everything as there are no second chances. In this context, who did everything and more is the Australian actress
At 30, the beautiful actress played roles that catapulted her to stardom
. In 2008, the Australian debuted on screen with small appearances, although the exact moment in which she became known worldwide was in 2013. Her work in The Wolf of Wall Street was her before and after, and what led her to be what who is today: a great figure in the entertainment industry.
However, Margot did not find it easy at all. Now, seven years after the debut of the film in which she starred
, situations experienced in the days of recording that the actress remembers in great detail came to light.
In the blockbuster film that went on to collect 392 million dollars, Margot Robbie put herself in the shoes of Noami Lapaglia. She first she was Di Caprio's lover, then she became his wife. Throughout the film, the Australian had to perform scenes of abuse, disappointment and violence. However, what traumatized her the most was her erotic sequence: she had to put her body on and deal with the environment and the work team.
Director Martin Scorsese confessed that he hired her for her role because of an unexpected act of bravery during her first audition. According to what they said, she Margot improvised a scene that was not in the script, leaving the entire room with their mouths open. She “slapped Di Caprio in the face, that wasn't in the script. It was an improvisation that we thought was wonderful, and we even included it in the script,” Scorsese said.
Margot vouched for that event that she put all of herself into attracting attention and thus being hired. She further added, “If you don't do something impressive, nothing will ever come of it. If it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, then take it. Maybe I should have kissed him... When will I have the opportunity to kiss Leo Di Caprio? But when the slapping thing happened, the other part of my brain clicked! And I hit Di Caprio in the face."
An anecdote that has grace and shows that he can be on a par with the best in Hollywood. But that joy would be erased later. And years later, she would be encouraged to talk about the situation she experienced.
THE TRAUMA SCENE
When talking about the film, she focused on the moment when her character tries to seduce Leo's character in her daughter's room. “He doesn't show up when you're watching the movie, the audience doesn't see him, but we're actually in a small room with 30 crew members. All men. For 17 hours I pretended to be touching myself, ”she remarked in an interview with Porter magazine, and immediately opened the controversy.
Much was said about these statements by Robbie in the press. She told herself that she was not taken care of by the production and it was said that for these scenes things should be done differently on the film sets, taking more care of the actresses.
For now, she referred to how she felt that day and everything she had to put aside to be able to move forward without being affected: "It's a very strange thing, you have to bury the shame and what seems absurd to you... It was really uncomfortable , deep and completely committed”.
It was she who spoke of s-xual harassment. She stated that after that she was able to realize what it truly means, to feel it on her own skin. “I am in my late twenties, I have studies, I have everything, I have worked, I have my own company. And she (however) she didn't know what that was, about harassment. It's crazy. She didn't know you could say, 'I've been s-xually harassed' without anyone touching you. That you could say: 'This is not right'. She had no idea...”.
“Now I know what it is because as a result of the scenes, I have investigated what s-xual harassment consists of, how to be discriminated against because of your work or financially. I have fallen into machismo at some point in my life, now that I think about it and that I know what it is about,” Robbie remarked.
About the scene she told part of her ritual to be able to do it without being ashamed in an interview - for the New York Times- she said: "That morning I went to work, that I knew I had to do that scene, I was shaking, scared, all the time. I thought I wasn't going to be able to do it. When I arrived, when it was my turn to do it, I had three shots of tequila and then I took off my clothes and did it. I was fine. It really helped keep my hands from shaking and gave me a little confidence boost.”
Today Margot Robbie focuses one hundred percent on what she is experiencing. She remembers what she lived through as a black episode and one that she was able to go through by talking to the right people. Now, the actress is preparing to put herself in the shoes of Barbie, a film based on the famous doll.
