Type Here to Get Search Results !

Natalie Portman: "Being s-xualized as a child took away my own s-xuality"

Black Swan Oscar-winning actress Natalie Portman has opened up about how her early inclusion into the acting world held her back from developing her s-xuality. "Being s-xualized as a child, I think it took away my own s-xuality because it scared me and made me think that the way I could be safe in that was to say, 'I'm conservative and I'm serious and you should respect me and I'm smart and I'm not serious.' look at me that way, 'he said that the interpreter said as a defense mechanism.

Portman has commented on these intim-te experiences on the podcast Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard where she has acknowledged that she built "fortresses" to protect herself from unwanted attention when she was a young actress.

"You don't feel safe when there are older men who are interested"

Queen Amidala from Star Wars began her film career with two films that marked her for life. In her first film, El profesional de ella, she plays an orphan girl who makes friends with her older professional hitman, to whom she comes to declare her love. Soon after, she played a 13-year-old girl in Beautiful Girls who falls in love with a leading man, Timoty Hutton, already old enough to shave.

Portman in this radio interview added that "while at that age, you have your own s-xuality and your own desire, and you want to explore things and you want to be open. But you don't feel safe when there are older men who are interested, and you say, 'No , no no no'".

Natalie Portman: "Being s-xualized as a child took away my own s-xuality"

Portman turned down the lead role in 'Lolita'

That defense mechanism with which she deceived others "worked", it was her protective shield: "So many people had the impression of me that I was very serious and conservative... and I realized that I consciously cultivated it because I was always to make me feel safe."

"When I was a teenager, I was like, 'I don't want to have any love scenes or kissing scenes,'" Portman recalled. "I was starting to choose less s-xy parts because I was worried about how I was perceived and how confident I felt." In 1997, Portman turned down the lead role in Lolita, the film adaptation of Vladimir Nabokovse's book about a middle-aged man who has an affair with a 12-year-old girl. Instead he was played by Dominique Swain.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.