Penélope Cruz and Salma Hayek have one of the most famous friendships in the show. She finds out how the great relationship between the actresses came about.
Salma Hayek greeted 2022 with a cup of coffee and showing off her beauty in a swimsuit. Watch the video to know the details.
It is not a secret that Salma Hayek and Penélope Cruz have a great friendship, since they both starred in the comedy 'Bandidas' in 2006. But apparently their relationship began a little before that, when Penelope Cruz began her career in Hollywood.
The beginning of the friendship between Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek
In an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, the Spanish actress talked about her first adventure in Los Angeles and how Salma Hayek was a great support for her.
"I came here on a movie ticket, I had my return ticket, so I was coming for two months and I didn't know anybody," Cruz told DeGeneres.
“She picked me up at the airport and told me: 'You are not going to go to a hotel, you are going to come to my house because this is difficult at first and you are going to feel very lonely.' So, she took me to her house. That's why we're like sisters now."
The protagonist of 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' revealed that she had to sleep in Hayek's room, due to the nerves she felt.
"I ended up sleeping in her room because she was scared. And you know, that's how we met."
Salma Hayek helped Penelope Cruz
Cruz also said that in the middle of the night, Salma Hayek was holding her hand, due to the fear and nervousness that she suffered from her.
"It was amazing that someone I only knew on the phone made sure to pick me up at the airport and not let me go to the hotel"
“She told me, 'Whether you like it or not, you don't know me, but you're coming to my house. I'm not going to leave you alone. I love her very much, since from the first day she has been like this with me"
Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek's pet
During the interview, Cruz recalled Kering the owl, Salma Hayek's pet, and how she was amazed when she met her.
"I love her. When she told me that she had one I was impressed because when she was little, my grandmother had a neighbor who owned an owl and I was very scared of her, but I always wanted to go see her."
"Salma let us feed the owl little rats and I gave one to my daughter to feed her, which was a bit traumatic for her," the actress recalled.
Penelope Cruz has two children, 8-year-old Luna and 10-year-old Leo, both with her husband, the Spaniard Javier Bardem.
