Type Here to Get Search Results !

Serena Williams explains her pink look at Meghan and Harry's royal wedding

In an essay as reported for Vogue earlier this week, Serena Williams dropped the heavy news that she is retiring from tennis after a two-decade career. However, in a much lighter video interview for the magazine, she recalled some of the outfits she wore on and off the court during her time in the spotlight. She discussed her affection for wearing Versace and also discussed one of her most memorable off-court fashion moments: when she and her husband Alexis Ohanian attended Prince Harry and Megan's May 2018 wedding. Markle.

Contents

This content can also be viewed on the site it originates from.

As she looked at a photo of the light pink sheath gown Williams wore to the ceremony at St. George's Chapel in Windsor, she explained some of the details. "This is at the royal wedding, when my friend Meghan married Harry," she said. "Again, another Versace look and my jewelry is from Bulgari, which was just stunning, and I'm wearing a fascinator."

She said that she put a lot of thought and effort into her hair that day. "What's so iconic about this is I was like, 'Royal wedding? I'm definitely wearing braids,'" she said, adding that two or three girls spent the entire night braiding her hair, even after she decided to take a nap. "I was so tired and thought, 'I'm going to sleep. So I went to bed, and then they kept braiding until morning, and finally they finished. It was a very long process, but it was worth it.”

She turned her attention to Ohanian's look for the day. "I love Alexis's look too," she said. “She reminds me a bit of Downton Abbey,” she said. "Alexis is wearing a tailcoat, and she looks so much younger here, ha!"

Serena Williams explains her pink look at Meghan and Harry's royal wedding

Williams and Ohanian were one of the highlights on a guest list that included many celebrity guests, including Oprah, King Gayle, Megahan's friends Jorge and Amal Clooney, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Elton John and David Furnish, James Corden, and Idris Elba, who also served as a DJ at the wedding reception at Windsor Castle. Although the reception was private, Elba later mentioned that he took cues from Meghan when it came to the songs he played during her performance. He didn't go into detail about Meghan's list, but said: "There was something West Coast about it."

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad