The interpreter explains that she cannot sleep due to the worries that her career entails.
The phrase 'all that glitters is not gold' seems to fit very well in Hollywood: behind the spotlights and the glamor of the red carpets, actors sometimes deal with a reality that is not so attractive. This has been revealed by Sydney Sweeney, to whom luck apparently seemed to smile.
Work is not lacking as a result of her appearance in Euphoria: since she got into the skin of Cassie Howard, the actress has been showered with offers for other films, as well as advertising contracts with important fashion firms. But the success she's experiencing also brings with it unbearable pressure: "I can't get my mind to shut up, I don't sleep," she bluntly admitted in a recent interview. And it is that having become one of the key icons of generation Z, it seems that she is taking its toll: the interpreter has been dealing with anxiety for a long time.
It is not the first time that the 24-year-old has spoken openly about this disorder, in fact last summer she admitted that social networks made her feel bad. "It's the least healthy part of my life, the fact that I question myself and have anxiety about posting a photo is sick," she admitted. She started having panic attacks and decided to get away for a while to disconnect, be with her family and relax.
But it was not enough: this time she is experiencing something similar and it is due to the economic insecurities that her career as an actress implies, as she revealed to The Hollywood Reporter. "If I wanted to take a six-month break, I couldn't because I don't have the income to cover it," she confesses. "I have no one to support me or anyone to ask for help paying my bills."
She explains that her family lacked resources and that they sacrificed what they had in order to move to Los Angeles so that she could fulfill her dream. The distribution of profits that she must make among the team that works with her, makes her salary not as impressive as some think: "If I only dedicated myself to acting, I could not live in Los Angeles.
I accept advertising contracts because I have to." ", he assures, when asked about the fashion campaigns with Armani or Miu Miu that he has recently starred in. The pressure to work tirelessly has ended up affecting her mental health, but she clarifies that she does not want to "pity" her situation, but simply make visible the reality that, like her, other actors also have to face in Hollywood.
