The death of her father was a super hard blow for Vanessa Hudgens…
The High School Musical star has had to deal with heavy losses throughout her life, and during an interview with Haute Living, Vanessa fully opened her heart and talked about how hard it was to face her father's death in 2016. because of cancer.
“I felt like my father's death really pushed me to expand and grow as a person, whether I liked it or not. I feel like it's really cool to have those moments because they force you to re-evaluate your life, what you believe in, what you stand for, who you want to be," Vanessa said.
Her dad's death came a day before her Broadway debut in the musical Grease Live, but it wasn't the only loss Vanessa experienced: “My 20s were a roller coaster. I had so many high moments, but I lost my dad. My boyfriend of seven years, actor Austin Butler, also lost his mother. We face a lot of death.”
Vanessa describes her 20s as the hardest years of her life: “At 25, I felt like I had life figured out. Like, 'I got this, I'm great at life; I understand how to do it. Then at 27, I woke up on my birthday and felt like I had no idea who she was, what she stood for, what I was doing with my life. I felt a bit lost. I realized, 'I'm not a girl anymore. I am not a teenager. I am fully grown, and there are a lot of responsibilities that come with that. I felt extremely overwhelmed.
The last year of my 20s was very informative about the woman I am becoming. I feel very empowered and very scared because I know there are great things ahead. On the other hand, I feel like I'm grounded, I've shed my baggage, so to speak, and made my way into my 30s just a little more streamlined, leading with love and light."
Vanessa has gone through very hard tests, we hope that this new stage that she is beginning will be lighter and calmer.
