Type Here to Get Search Results !

Actress Williams "proud" of controversial s-x scene in film

 Actress Michelle Williams earned a Golden Globe nomination for her portrayal of a wife in a falling-out relationship in the drama "Blue Valentine."

Williams, 30, whose hits include the critically acclaimed "Brokeback Mountain," spoke to Reuters about the film showing the beginning and end of a once-happy marriage, the controversial s-x scene and why what is proud to be part of it.

The film was shot in an unconventional way by its director Derek Cianfrance, who shot the beginning of the relationship, then gave his actors a month off and ended with the end of the couple.

The result earned actor Ryan Gosling his second Golden Globe nomination and sounded like a possible candidate for an Oscar for best actor, as did Williams.

"Blue Valentine" caused some controversy when it was rated as an NC-17 film (for adults only) in the United States due to a graphic scene of oral s-x with the protagonist. The ranking has since been reversed, but the fact impressed Williams.

"He blew me away. It was like a slap in the face when I found out about that. When we shot that scene, both Ryan and Derek told me, 'If this bothers you when you see it in the movie, we'll take it out,'" she noted.

"I thought 'I've never seen that before in a movie and I'm proud to be the first. Good for us making that happen." As the woman in the situation that was in question, I found absolutely nothing shocking, tacky or disgusting about it,” she added.

The studio fought to reverse the rating decision, however Williams did not join them.

"I'm not a fighter by nature for that kind of thing. I have learned to pick my battles and I have learned not to expect to change the way men think,” she said with a laugh.

Actress Williams "proud" of controversial s-x scene in film

“Prove me wrong, but that's what I've learned. As a woman, my natural inclination is not to get angry. I have talked about it, I have discovered my own feelings and I have written them on paper,” she added.

Williams has worked on studio films like "Shutter Island," but she has mostly stayed in the world of independent film.

“I like to work on small movies with a small film crew. I like privacy. I like that it feels like a family. That's part of the reason why I think I keep doing it, because I like it. I like having a family, ”she maintained.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad