Type Here to Get Search Results !

Jennifer Gray from 'Dirty Dancing' explains the operation that destroyed her career

"She made me invisible" confesses the dismayed actress

Decisions can be made that change our lives, even an aesthetic operation. Actress Jennifer Gray is aware of this.

Her role in the movie Dirty Dancing made her famous and marked her life forever. Together with actor Patrick Swayze, she made the public dream of an impossible love story that defied norms and found an escape route in music and dance.

The film turned the actress into a celebrity at 27 years old, which sadly ended up collapsing her career when she decided to have a nose job. "I entered the operating room as a celebrity and came out an anonymous person," she confessed in an interview.

Jennifer Gray releases her memoir in a book

Musical movie star Jennifer Gray will release her memoir in Out of the Corner, a title that references the line from the movie Dirty Dancing: "no one corners Baby."

On the occasion of her autobiography, she gave an interview to People in which she talked about the stardom she achieved when the movie was released in 1987 and why she decided to have a nose job two years later.

As she has claimed, she was encouraged by her mother. "She loves me, she loved me, she always has, and she was pragmatic because she was like, 'You know what? If you want to be an actress, it is too difficult to choose you. Make it easier for them.' And then I did, and she was right," she explains.

Jennifer Gray from 'Dirty Dancing' explains the operation that destroyed her career

However, after her second nose job she realized that she had made a mistake. “That was the first time I went out in public. And I realized that I felt invisible, from one day to the next. In the eyes of the world, I was no longer me. I was very upset with my mother for always telling me that she should fix my nose ».

After this event, she made other films such as Broadway Nights (1989), The Force of the Wind (1992) or Portrait of Innocence (1996), but none acquired the notoriety of Dirty Dancing. "I spent so much energy trying to figure out what I did wrong, why I was banished from the kingdom. That's a lie. I banished myself », she reflects.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.