Type Here to Get Search Results !

Jennifer Lawrence admits feeling like 'commodity' after 'The Hunger Games'

This isn't the first time Lawrence has opened up about how she felt after those successful years where she played Katniss Everdeen.

Actress Jennifer Lawrance recently mentioned that her success after starring in The Hunger Games franchise made her feel like a "commodity" in Hollywood. Lawrence, 32, played the title role in the film franchise from 2012 to 2015, which skyrocketed her fame within the industry. During this time, her Jennifer starred in Silver Linings Playbook, which earned her first Oscar in 2013.

But success comes at a price, Lawrence said during an appearance at the London Film Festival, which runs from October 5-16.

"I think I lost my sense of control. Between The Hunger Games coming out and the Oscar winning, I became a commodity," she told British presenter Francine Stock at the festival, according to Variety. "I felt like every decision was a big, big group decision. When I look back now, I can't think about those next few years, because there was just a loss of control."

This is not the first time that Lawrence has opened up about how she felt after those successful years where she played Katniss Everdeen, a role that opened the doors to different projects during that time.

Jennifer Lawrence admits feeling like 'commodity' after 'The Hunger Games'

"I think everybody had had enough of me. I had had enough of me. I had just gotten to a point where I couldn't do anything right. If I walked a red carpet, it was, 'Why didn't he run?' I think I was nice to people for most of my life," she said.

"And then I felt like I got to a point where people weren't happy just with my existence. So that kind of shook me to think that work or your career can bring any kind of peace to your soul."

Consequently, Lawrence made the decision to step away from the limelight. The years since have seen her marry art dealer Cooke Maroney and welcome the birth of her child in February.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.