Type Here to Get Search Results !

Penélope Cruz reveals how her friendship with Salma Hayek began

The actresses have formed an unbreakable bond, which they have even brought to the big screen.

The friendship between Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek is well known to all. How can we forget those reunions that have starred on the red carpets, especially when in recent editions they have been seen sharing unique moments at the Oscars. It is well known that this bond dates back to the 90s, when both arrived in Hollywood with their suitcase full of illusions. Since then, despite living in different countries and having extremely busy schedules, they have remained friends through thick and thin. But until now, we didn't know the exact moment when the story began. It has been during an interview with Ellen Degeneres that Penelope has revealed the exact moment since she began to consider Salma as one more sister.

“When I went to Los Angeles for the first time, we didn't know each other, only on the phone. I arrived with a ticket to make a movie. I had my return ticket. So I was coming for two months and I didn't know anyone here. He picked me up at the airport and told me: 'You are not going to go to a hotel. You come to my house, because this is hard at first. You are going to feel very alone. So she took me to her house,” she recounted Penelope, “That's why we're like sisters now. I ended up sleeping in her room because she was scared. And, you know, that's how we met. On top of everything, in the middle of the night, she says that I was holding her hand because she was afraid. I don't know, she was dreaming.

When Ellen mentioned how sweet Hayek had been with her gesture, the Spaniard responded: "It was amazing that someone I didn't really know, just over the phone, made sure to pick me up at the airport and not let me go to the hotel." The Chanel ambassador continued: “She told me, like it or not, you don't know me but you're going to come to my house, I'm not going to leave you alone. I love her so much, from the first day she has been like this with me ”.

A very familiar closeness

Of course, her friendship has allowed Cruz to be familiar with many details of the Mexican's life, including the owl that she has in her house and that she recently made an appearance during an interview on that same program. About the little animal, Penelope said: “I love the owl. When she told me that she had one she was surprised because when she was little, my grandmother had a neighbor who had an owl. I was very scared of the owl, but I always wanted to go and see it. Salma has one at home and she invites us to feed it with these little rats, she gave them to my daughter so that she would give the rat to the owl… it was a bit traumatic for her”. When the subject of the ghosts that are said to be in Salma's house came up, she replied, Penelope: “She didn't tell me that. I've been in that house, and I believe her if she says she's haunted. I believe him."

Penélope Cruz reveals how her friendship with Salma Hayek began

Penelope's affection is reciprocated, when Hayek was questioned about her friendship during a visit to Madrid in 2018, she replied: "Penelope and I are partners, we went hand in hand together, making our way. And how nice that after so many years, which are already many, we can continue to be together and with so many achievements: a career, a family, love, and also our friendship, of course. While meeting her at the 2020 Oscars, Penelope said on the red carpet: "Salma is one of my best friends, she is one of those people that when you meet them you don't want them to disappear from your life."

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.