Type Here to Get Search Results !

Scarlett Johansson Defends Woody Allen Amid S-xual Abuse Allegations

While speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, the actress said she "believes" the disgraced filmmaker is innocent despite the accusations s-xual assault made against him by his adoptive daughter Dylan Farrow.

In light of the allegations and the #MeToo movement, several celebrities have come forward to say they regret working with him, including Colin Firth, Ellen Page and Timothee Chalamet. After starring in Allen's A Rainy Day in New York with Selena Gomez, Chalamet donated the money he made from the movie to charity.

Scarlett Johansson Defends Woody Allen Amid S-xual Abuse Allegations

However, Johansson, who starred three of Allen's films, said she would work with him again.

“How do I feel about Woody Allen? I love Woody. I believe him, and I would work with him any time. I see Woody whenever I can, and I have had a lot of conversations with him about it," she said. “I have been very direct with him, and he’s very direct with me. He maintains his innocence, and I believe him.”

Johansson was asked whether it's difficult for her to defend Allen considering the current socio-political climate in Hollywood, which puts emphasis on the importance of believing women who come forward.

“It’s hard because it’s a time where people are very fired up, and understandably,” the Black Widow star told the outlet. “Things needed to be stirred up, and so people have a lot of passion and a lot of strong feelings and are angry, and rightfully so. It’s an intense time."

Following Johansson's controversial comments, Twitter was quick to cancel her.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.