Type Here to Get Search Results !

This is how Margaret Qualley overcame Tarantino's foot fetishism

This is how Margaret Qualley overcame Tarantino's foot fetishism

The actress of 'The Leftovers' plays one of the members of the Manson family and her feet star in one of the iconic moments of 'Once upon a time in Hollywood'.

As Uma Thurman, Bridget Fonda, Diane Kruger, Rosario Dawson and practically the entire female cast of Death Proof know well, director Quentin Tarantino has an acute fetishism for female feet. In fact, that element has become as recognizable a hallmark of his films as his dialogues, the use of music or violence. Of course, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is no exception to this rule and it is Margaret Qualley's feet that take the well-deserved foot spotlight on this occasion.

In one of the most memorable scenes from Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, which is already shown in the trailer, the character played by the actress from The Leftovers, one of the young hippies who are members of the Manson family, is in the car with Brad Pitt. and plants his bare feet on the dashboard of the vehicle. Tarantino films this moment from outside the car, with a close-up of the soles of his feet stuck to the windshield from inside.

The fact is that Qualley was not very sure of that plane sought by the filmmaker. "I told Quentin it was a bad idea, that my feet aren't pretty," she tells IndieWire in an interview. "I've been wearing half points for too long to make my toes presentable for the world to see."

So the filmmaker had to convince the actress. "Quentin [Tarantino], Brad [Pitt] and I had a long discussion about it. They told me that it was okay, that my feet were fine, and I said no, look how bad they are," recalls Qualley. "I am aware that I tend to underestimate myself quite often, but I am completely convinced that these feet are not pretty. I know that I criticize myself a lot but it is not the case."

In the end, Margaret Qualley agreed to shoot the scene in question and she affirms that she has no regrets. "I used to beat myself up a lot with my feet," she confesses. "But maybe now I'll finally be able to turn the page."

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.