Type Here to Get Search Results !

Billie Eilish surrenders to haters and body shaming: 'I can't win'

"No. I can't win." Billie Eilish gives up: no more battles with body shaming, no more responding to haters who continue to criticize her body

She always champions against those who spit venom online about physical appearance, curves and extra pounds, now the Californian singer lowers her arms. She is a Billie Eilish that you don't expect. She gave an interview to the British magazine Dazed in which she explains why she decided to say enough is enough.

Billie Eilish surrenders to haters and body shaming: 'I can't win'

Those comments for a bikini post

Earlier this year, the music diva traveled to Hawaii and shared pictures of her on her Instagram profile. Among the photos also some bikini photos. And right after the comments made in those shots, she decided to say enough is enough. "She was all the rage," the star recalled. “There have been comments like 'I don't like her anymore because she just turned 18 and she's a bitch.' I can't win I can't win»Declares the young artist. Who also remembers other negative comments about her appearance related to a photo of her wearing a tank top: I've seen comments like, 'How dare you say you don't want to be sexualized and wear this?! ".

I didn't recognize my body

Billie Eilish is known for her looks and habit of wearing baggy clothes. She has always avoided showing her body throughout her career because she never wanted to be judged on her physical appearance but only on her professional skills. But the haters also helped create a personal negative reaction to his physical appearance: "There was a time last year when, when I was naked, I didn't recognize my body. Because I haven't seen it in a while. Sometimes I'd look at it and say, 'What?' Whose body is that?' ».

The latest message against body shaming

However, just a month ago, starting the world tour of Where We Are Going (now suspended due to coronavirus), the pop star launched a strong message against body shame, showing a video in which he attacked anyone who dared to criticize. a person based on their physical appearance. "The body I was born with, isn't that what you wanted? She said on the video projected from the stage. "If I wear comfortable clothes, I'm not a woman. 

If I take off my clothes I am a prostitute. Even if you have never seen my body, you judge it and you judge me for it. Because? We make assumptions about people based on their size. We decide who they are. Let's decide what they're worth. If I wear more If I wear less Is my value based only on your perception? Or is your opinion of me not my responsibility? 

A very strong attack against body shame and against those who would have liked to see it taller or shorter, softer or thinner. And about who watches her hips or her chest or her belly. But this all happened a month ago, before Billie Eilish's final surrender: "I can't win."

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.