Type Here to Get Search Results !

Emilia Clarke from 'Game of Thrones' explains how her two aneurysms affected her brain

The actress suffered a serious health problem during the filming of the hit HBO series

In her character as Daenerys Targaryen, in Game of Thrones, Emilia Clarke faced the most challenging battles and the most intense chapters, but in real life she has also fought – literally – to survive. 11 years ago, after filming the first season of the saga, the actress suffered two aneurysms, which could have cost her her life or caused irreversible sequelae. In a recent interview with the BBC's One Sunday Morning programme, the 35-year-old star revealed that he is "quite a bit" lacking in brain and finds it amazing that, having suffered two aneurysms, he is able to lead a normal life, as Anyone.

Emilia Clarke from 'Game of Thrones' explains how her two aneurysms affected her brain

“With the amount of brain that I have knocked out, it's amazing that I'm able to speak, sometimes articulately, and live my life completely normally with absolutely no repercussions,” said Ella Clarke. “I belong to a very, very, very small minority of people who survive that,” added the star of movies like Me Before You. “(I) lack enough (brain)! Sometimes it even makes me laugh. In strokes, basically, as soon as any part of the brain doesn't get blood for a second, it's gone. And so the blood finds a different route to move, but then whatever is missing is gone."

Two aneurysms and aphasia

This is not the first time that Clarke has opened up about this health problem that marked her life. In 2019, through an article published in the New Yorker, the interpreter revealed that her stress and fame had disrupted her life: “She was terrified. Terrified of the attention, of a business she barely understood, of living up to the trust the creators of Game of Thrones had placed in me. I felt, in every way, exposed. In the first episode I appeared naked and from then on I always asked myself the same question: 'You play a strong woman and yet you take off your clothes, why?

It was during an exercise session when she began to feel bad and in the locker room of the place, she fainted. “I had an MRI, a brain scan. The diagnosis was quick and sinister: a subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH), a type of life-threatening stroke, caused by bleeding into the space around the brain. I had an aneurysm, an arterial rupture," the actress said. After that diagnosis, she underwent her first operation.

But that would not be all, because she also faced an episode of aphasia, a condition that affects the ability to communicate, according to the Mayo Clinic. “Words without meaning came out of my mouth and I panicked. I had never experienced fear like that. I could see my life go by and it wasn't worth living. I am an actress, I need to remember my texts, and now I couldn't even remember my name”. In 2013, she was diagnosed with her second aneurysm, from which she had a harder time recovering, but her work on the HBO series kept her afloat.

In 2019, she launched her Same You Foundation, which helps people who suffered from the same condition as her, since brain injuries and strokes are more common than it seems and the consequences are often permanent.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad