Type Here to Get Search Results !

Jennifer Lawrence criticizes Hollywood: 'I get paid less because I have a v-gina'

The actress was upset with the salary gap that exists in the film industry.

Jennifer Lawrence is one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood. Her performances in her films such as 'The Hunger Games', 'Red Sparrow' and 'Don't Look Up', have positioned her at the top of the seventh art; However, her criticism of her industry also allowed her to become a benchmark in the fight for gender equality.

Jennifer Lawrence criticizes Hollywood: 'I get paid less because I have a v-gina'

In an interview for 'Vogue' magazine, she narrated aspects of her personal life that were somewhat controversial until now unknown to the press, including the two miscarriages that she experienced at age 20 and during the recording of the tape with Leonardo Dicaprio.

According to what she said, she was thinking of aborting the first one, but due to medical circumstances she lost it. The same thing happened to her in the middle of the filming season for 'Don't Look Up', when she became pregnant as a result of her romance with Cookey Marone, with whom she already had a child in February of this year.

Given these facts, she became sensitive to the women of her country and she totally disagreed with the decision of the Supreme Court of the United States for having prohibited the constitutional right to abortion.

“I remember a million times thinking about it while I was pregnant (…) Thinking about the things that were happening to my body. And I had a great pregnancy. I had a very lucky pregnancy. But every second of my life was different. And sometimes it would occur to me: 'what if they made me do this?' ", she expressed.

Her ideologies have led her to have friction with her relatives that, to this day, have not been resolved. She said that she tried to settle the quarrels with her relatives, but after the ruling by Judge Roe V. Wade things got complicated.

“I worked very hard in the last five years to forgive my dad and my family and try to understand: they are different (…) I have tried to get over it and I really can't. I can no longer deal with people who are not political. Live in the United States. You have to be political. It's too terrible. Politics is killing people,” she said.

"It's too personal for a woman's existence to see white men discuss the uterus when they can't find a clitoris," she said.

'They're not going to pay me as much as that guy for my v-gina'

“I don't want to put my family down, but I know many people are in a similar position with their families. How can you raise a daughter from birth and believe that she doesn't deserve equality? How?” Lawrence said.

An assertion that gave rise to talk about the inequality with which she has had to live during the more than ten years of her acting career, since she has received a salary considerably less than her male peers.

And her figures support her, since for the recording of 'Don't look Up' she received five million dollars less than Leonardo Dicaprio, who played the same leading role as Lawrence.

“It doesn't matter how much I do. Are they still not going to pay me as much as that guy for my v-gina? ”, She narrowed down.

The actress will be at the Toronto International Film Festival this month for the world premiere of her new drama “Causeway,” which will air November 4 on Apple TV.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.