Type Here to Get Search Results !

When King Kong was deemed to be too ugly for Meryl Streep to play

When King Kong was deemed to be too ugly for Meryl Streep to play

In the middle of the 1970s, producer Dino De Laurentis' son approached  Meryl Streep about attending an audition for the movie after seeing her perform in a play, according to Graham Norton. De Laurentiis reportedly asked his son in Italian why he brought him "this ugly thing," according to the actor.

Revealed that she once turned down the role of King Kong because she was thought to be ugly.

The 65-year-old acclaimed actor told Graham Norton that she was asked to audition for the film in the mid-70s by producer Dino De Laurentis’ son, who had seen her in a play.

Streep said De Laurentiis had asked his son in Italian why he brought him "this ugly thing",  reported.

Calling the experience "very sobering as a young girl," the actor said she replied in Italian, "I’m sorry I’m not beautiful enough to be in King Kong!" Jessica Lange was cast as Dwan instead in the movie.

Meryl also talked about her latest role as the witch in Into The Woods and said: "This is my first witch. When I turned 40 I was offered three witches in one year. And it sent me a signal about how Hollywood felt about people turning 40 and I felt bad, it put my back up and I didn’t want to play them. Now I am more age appropriate!"

The actor went on to say that she once dreamt of marrying a royal, "When I was a kid I found out Prince Charles and I were born in the same year so I figured it was pretty likely we would get married one day. When I told him he was nonplussed!"

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.